Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

It runs!

Old 10-08-2002, 10:52 PM
aut0tek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It runs!

Yes, you heard it... She's back. And just in time for my B-day!!!

The only things I have left are get an INDUCTIVE timing light WITH ADJUSTABLE DIAL... And I gotta get a new distributor cuz mine leaks on the inside... not exactly fun... but DEFINITELY driveable.

And after a little over 150 miles I can say this... The computer makes a LOT of difference... for instance, I have a p28 with a Skunk2 DOHC chip in my DA (Yes, a DA baby) And it's real funny.. I've never seen a car have such crappy low end. LOL granted, with it not even close to being broke-in yet... And an LS tranny (longest gears in the world... like putting a 1:1 final drive in a sohc civic)
It has absolutely TERRIBLE low-end... And then for some reason at 4 grand, it pulls. it pulls NICE ;-)

And, of course... Then I shift cuz I don't wanna blow up a brand new engine.
Burping VTEC was fun at 4800 rpms. :thumbup:

Anyhow, for all you guys that weren't around to help or didn't pay attention... here's the lowdown...

B18A block, 11.5:1 compression JE pistons, Eagle rods
B16A head, ITR valvesprings/retainers, b16a cams (gay)

And... once again, let me reiterate... IT'S RUNNING.

Thank you all for your help/information/support.

Later I'll make a video of me going around a turn that's "Recommended speed limit" is 20 mph and I take it at 100 kilometers, which is roughly 60 mph.

Harry
Old 10-08-2002, 11:05 PM
white lightnin

congrats:thumbup:
Old 10-09-2002, 06:26 PM
maxrpm

How much you going to sell the motor for? I mean after ypou crash the car doing a 60 in a20 mile curve.hahahahaha!!!
YEah i give you two :thumbup: :thumbup: to your project car.
Old 10-09-2002, 09:15 PM
aut0tek

Haha... Well let's hope that won't happen... But if so I won't sell it cuz I know a guy with a black g2 that will let it go for $2000.00 and I'll just swap ;-)
Old 10-10-2002, 05:21 AM
Shea-bird

Sounds like a beast!!
Old 10-10-2002, 10:19 AM
aut0tek

Haha, thanks... I'm still working the kinks out right now... my air/fuel is all to hell... I need a dyno tune BAD.... like BAAAD.

It COULD also just be my ignition but I don't think so. I've replaced everything but plug wires and my plug wires are APC ones (yes, I know... I hate APC myself but Cole Honda didn't have any VTEC plug wires.)