Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

stop

Old 10-06-2002, 02:31 PM
citrusdrop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stop

I am going to do a brake upgrade soon...i was planning on getting the rear set-up from a teg so i can get rid of the drums in the rear of my 93hb but i want to upgrade the entire set-up rotor, pads, maybe calipers any suggestions???
Old 10-06-2002, 04:10 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can use Integra/Civic EX/Si fronts. If you want a big brake kit for the front, Summit has a Willwood kit for around $600. If you're going to Integra discs in the rear, it's really not necessary to go any larger back there. Just get some pads(AEM/Nissin work well for me) and slotted or drilled(or both) rotors if you want them, but those aren't really that necessary either. Make sure you get a 4-wheel disc proportioning valve as well. A 15/16" master cylinder and booster will also help pedal feel. If you have an extra $90 or so, you might as well get some stainless lines while you're at it, and they'll also firm up your pedal a bit.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:02 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the rear, get the entire trailing arm from a '94-'01 Integra, '99-'00 Civic Si, or del Sol. It's the same piece. It comes with the trailing arm, hub, rotor, caliper...all of it.

If you keep the front brakes stock-sized, you'll want the hydraulics from a '92-'95 Si hatch, since it has the rear discs but also the smaller front brakes shared with the other rear drum-equipped Civics. The kit that Wilwood makes doesn't fit the smaller hubs that are on the non-Si hatches. You can convert over to Integra front hubs but that's kind of a pain to accquire all of the parts. You can get a kit from fastbrakes.com that'll upgrade you to Integra front brakes, and they also sell a kit that bolts up to the smaller hubs and uses a Wilwood caliper.
Old 10-06-2002, 08:26 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you use Del Sol parts for the rear, make sure you pick up either Integra or Si parking brake cables, as the Del Sols don't fit.