Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

swap a B18a for a D15b in a 90 [Integra]? Will this work?

Old 07-31-2006, 08:33 PM
shelleybabee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default swap a B18a for a D15b in a 90 [Integra]? Will this work?

I bought a D15b for my 90 Integra after being told that it would be a straight swap no mods necessary...is this true? I am really having my doubts that this is going to bolt right in. ANY help would be appreciated...strapped for time. Thanks
Old 07-31-2006, 09:06 PM
dmacaalay
Monkey See, Monkey Do!

im pretty sure you would atleast need a wiring harness and ecu, axels, etc.. dont know everything needed, but im thinkin there is a lot involved..
Old 07-31-2006, 09:10 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Umm, yeah.... downgrading to a D-series is not what I'd call a good idea.
Why not rebuild your stock motor or replace it with another B18A1?

Moved to Hybrid Forum.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-01-2006, 11:19 AM
shelleybabee

Thank you both for your reply. First off I didn't realize it was a downgrade-I didn't/don't know anything about the D15b as it is. I was having a hard time finding a replacement B18a1 and when I called a shop that claimed to have 1 he no longer had it when I went to buy it which is why I allowed him to talk me into buying the D15b. The engine came complete, wiring harness, tranny and all but no ECU.

As far as rebuilding the old engine I have 2 cracks in the cylinders and a crack in the block which I was told involved a lot of work, time and money to get back in running condition.

Last edited by shelleybabee; 08-01-2006 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:25 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30023

thats all you need, it will drop right in.

tell him he conned you and make sure everyone can hear youif he doesn't take it back.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:54 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shelleybabee
Thank you both for your reply. First off I didn't realize it was a downgrade-I didn't/don't know anything about the D15b as it is. I was having a hard time finding a replacement B18a1 and when I called a shop that claimed to have 1 he no longer had it when I went to buy it which is why I allowed him to talk me into buying the D15b. The engine came complete, wiring harness, tranny and all but no ECU.

As far as rebuilding the old engine I have 2 cracks in the cylinders and a crack in the block which I was told involved a lot of work, time and money to get back in running condition.
Wow, you were scammed big time. The D15B is very near to the D16Z6 as it is a single cam, VTEC motor that was installed in the '92-'95 Civics. The reason someone talked you into a D15B is because it's a JDM motor that isn't much to talk about and fairly cheap so dealers love to move them through their shops.

You've essentially done the opposite of the entire Honda/Acura community in that you've gone from a B-series, dual overhead cam, 1.8 L engine to a D-series, single overhead cam, 1.5 L engine. I'd take that crap back NOW and go to the link sherwood posted to get yourself another B18A1. You've been scammed. :hs:
Old 08-09-2006, 01:37 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

I'd actually be curious to see if it would fit with 88-91 Civic axles, cable trans and tweaked shift linkage... Japanese base model 90-93 Integras came with the good 'ole ZC, after all.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:35 AM
97sleepercivic

Originally Posted by sherwood
http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30023

thats all you need, it will drop right in.

tell him he conned you and make sure everyone can hear youif he doesn't take it back.
yeah but will the b-series ecu work with a d-series motor
Old 03-28-2007, 05:29 AM
m735is

Did you figure this out yet?
I'm kind of in the same situation. I have a 90 Teg with a b18 and a 92 Civic with a d15. I'm just thinking of down the road swaps that are possible with the parts I already have-everything staying stock. Plus the fact that I have a ton of d series parts!

I have three d15b7 ECU's (manual tranny) if you decide to do the d swap. With that swap what else will you have to swap-like mounts, hydro or cable shift, axles etc?