Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

h22 turbo question

Old 04-12-2006, 03:40 PM
asheylarry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default h22 turbo question

i want to boost my h22. i dont want a massive turbo, im looking to create power before vtec. instead of all the power being created @ 6700rpm i want it to start around 3krpm and run strong until redline. can i do this with a small turbo @ 4-5psi boost?
Old 04-12-2006, 10:38 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

So you are saying that you want it fully spooled by 3000 rpm and want it to pull hard to redline? You are asking for too much because a small turbo that spools that quickly will most likely be tired out in the higher rpm.

It can be done, but 4-5 psi on a turbo capable of that is not going to be worth the trouble of a installing and tuning a turbo setup.
Old 04-13-2006, 04:24 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

4-5 is nothing. double that and your talking. i would run a t3/t4 57/48. should spool pretty quick on the h22 and hold just fine all the way to redline
Old 04-13-2006, 12:03 PM
asheylarry

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
So you are saying that you want it fully spooled by 3000 rpm and want it to pull hard to redline? You are asking for too much because a small turbo that spools that quickly will most likely be tired out in the higher rpm.

It can be done, but 4-5 psi on a turbo capable of that is not going to be worth the trouble of a installing and tuning a turbo setup.

i dont know much about turbo set ups, but if im just trying to boost power @ low rpms it doesnt matter if it quits making boost at higher rpms because vtec will keep the hp up right?
Old 04-13-2006, 01:01 PM
raiden571
turning u inside out

dood, do some research. you obviuosly have no idea what a turbo does so im not going to get into it. buy some books and read as much as you can on this forum and a few others like honda-tech, homemadeturbo and hondaswap
Old 04-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by raiden571
dood, do some research. you obviuosly have no idea what a turbo does so im not going to get into it. buy some books and read as much as you can on this forum and a few others like honda-tech, homemadeturbo and hondaswap
I agree. There is so much information out there. Start here: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1024174
Old 04-13-2006, 03:34 PM
asheylarry

Originally Posted by raiden571

i know what a fucking turbo does. as the exhause gases leave the engine, it runs through the turbo and the heat from the exhaust gases expands and spins the exhaust turbine which in turn spins the intake turbine which compresses air and forces into the engine. im not retarted. ive been to school and i work in a shop im a driveability tech i know what it does im ase certified in brakes suspension engine performance/driveability and manual transmissions. i just dont know what size turbo i need and i dont know how to re-map a/f ratios. ive never boosted anything before so...what the fuck dont be a dick
Old 04-13-2006, 10:52 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Chill out.

Check the link I posted. All the information you need is out there and it is free, you just need to look harder.