Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

I hate cars. (ignition prob)

Old 04-13-2006, 11:49 PM
OriginalSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I hate cars. (ignition prob)

All of my cars are breaking at once- WTF! I have an 85 crx si with an 86 ZC. I used my usdm vacuum advance distributor off of the old blown up d16a. My car will run for a few minutes and then die. It won't restart for a while afterward. Sometimes it doesn't want to start at first, but it will if I just keep on cranking it. WTF! I checked all my grounds, and put in a new coil. I've tried 3 different icms with identical results. I'm about to set this F*(&!%g thing on fire. What is it that goes bad inside the distributor? There's nothing else in there but the reluctor and pick up. BTW, I'm using the stock ecu. Please please please help me. I'm forced to drive my 17mpg caprice to work because of this.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:06 AM
95LSv
Banded

Inside a distributor theres also the coil that can go bad... Thats what happened on my 95 ls and i changed it and it ran fine... costed like 80 bucks though
Old 04-14-2006, 07:14 AM
OriginalSi

This one's external coil. I put a new Accel coil on it thinking the old one was bad.

Last edited by OriginalSi; 04-18-2006 at 11:08 AM.