Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

2 step ECU Chiping???

Old 04-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Redlinerz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 step ECU Chiping???

Hey was going on guys.. I wanna know if anyone can point me in the right direction here. I was talkin to a guy and he said he can chip a 2 step in my ecu for $20.. so i figure this can't be too hard to chip ecu's.. So I wanna do some reading about this. Various How To's. How to install the actual chip and how to program a 2 step and whatever other programs that you are able to chip. I am pretty good at computers and soldering so I don't think it will be too hard for me.. I just want to get a little background before I jump in head first.. Thanks for the help
Old 04-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Redlinerz

okay I found some good write ups on how to install the parts to chip the ecu. I was readin about uberdata and pherable.net installs.

The part I am confused about is the actual programing part. I dow I burn the chip (program the chip)

wha software and/or parts do i need to burn these chips?
Old 04-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You will need a chip burner to burn a .bin file onto the chip. In terms of software, all you need is uberdata/crome/whatever. Make .bin file, burn onto chip, insert into ECU, done. The chip burner can be found for $85 on www.moates.net, so I don't think it is worth your while for just a two step. If you plan on doing some tuning with it, it would be a good idea.
Old 04-12-2006, 06:35 AM
Redlinerz

Thanks.. So I install this setup so the chips can be removed and installed easily.. then I buy blank chips and I need a chip burner and I burn programs onto the chips. Okay what kinda things can I burn onto a chip? I know 2 steps is one thing but what else...? Also I heard I would need to get a wideband as well so I can tune it
Old 04-12-2006, 07:18 AM
EX plicit
OH SNAP!

If you plan on doing any kind of tuning now or in the future, it would be a good idea to go ahead and get your ECU chipped. Either you or your tuner will be able to change your fuel and ignition maps as well as setup your full throttle launch aka "2 step".

Like Schmoo was saying: Uber and Crome are examples of the software which will be used to edit and make changes to the maps and add whatever other functions you want.

The burner is what actually "writes" the changes to the chip and the wideband is a tool to help you tune it (If you're going to do it yourself.)

If you're serious about it go to wwwPGMFI.org ,if all you want is a 2 step get a MSD