Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

VTEC wiring: B18C in 97 LS gone VTEC

Old 03-04-2006, 06:40 PM
adamk480

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VTEC wiring: B18C in 97 LS gone VTEC

HEY ALL, Im new to the forum and searched...but no perfect solution.

- I had a true B18C/LSD in a Civic....wrecked
- I swapped it into a 97 LS (obviously OBD2) that had already been converted to LS-VTEC running a P73 ECU w/ muegen catch can.

- The swap required changing the Injectors and starter (OBD1 Plugs) DONE.
- ONE slip was cracking the TPS looks/works OK after some rigging.
- Also, Oil Catch can was on LS/VTEC, so I decided to keep it and did away w/ the PCV

- I have OBD2 P72, P73, & P75 ECUs plus a OBD-I P72.

BUT, upon pulling the ECU to troubleshoot idle problems etc, the previous VTEC wires were not "pinned" so they came out = NO VTEC

I have 3 loose wires now... assuming- VTEC pressure switch/solenoid, and ground (vtec ground??). I am not 100% where they should go.... but the B18C/SiR-G has a twist, IAB Solenoid for dual butterfly hookup.

Have plenty of schematics, the most comprehensive notes pin A26-IAB is neccessary for my JDM-B18C (dual butterfly). PROBLEM: I currently have 3 wires loose and only 98% sure about their location, but the notation (for dual butterfly valves) further complicates the situation. I am wondering now if I am lacking a wire that caused the problems in the first place.

I am looking at.. (ALL OBD2): <>1st 3- ran ok + CHK ENG Light
Pin A8- VTEC Solenoid
Pin D6- Knock Sensor
Pin C15- VTEC Pressure switch
**** A26- IAB, but no 4th wire....

PLEASE HELP... I promise to return the favor. THX