Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Tranny question?

Old 02-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tranny question?

On my 96 prelude Si I have a auto tranny (Wife's car really) and wondering WTF is the reason why it shifts so hard. I had my father in law check it out @ his shop and he said it runs like a sewing machine and shifts perfect. I never really drove a Auto besides my old Powerglide 3sp that was in my Chevelle. I had a shift kit dropped in that one and I was wondering if it could be done to a Honda tranny. Im sure it could...... anyone know any companies that make these kits? And is it worth the work? I know I tried to get a 5sp but my wife wanted a Auto.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:01 AM
AcuraFanatic

Honda automatics traditionally shift rough, it's not their strong point. I'd recommend changing your transmission fluid (not flushing, just drain it) and replace it with Honda MTF. Drive it for a hundred miles or so, and drain and replenish again.

It won't be 100% better but it should improve quite a bit. Rough shifting is a charcteristic of most Honda autos unfortunately.
Old 02-10-2006, 11:20 AM
boosted lude

www.levelten.com