Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Engine swap question??? Help

Old 02-09-2006, 05:18 AM
94projectvtec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap question??? Help

I'm starting my first project car and it's an 94 honda accord ex with a f22b1 vtec engine. I'm planning on pulling it and swapping it with an h22a. What kind of problems will i run into and how hard will this swap be? Any advice will help.
Old 02-09-2006, 06:06 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the swap is pretty easy and striaght forward, just search this site alone and you'll find ten, 20, 30 threads explaining what you're asking.

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/tech/0311scc_hybrid/ will show you the process and how to goes for the most part, the only difference being they used a hasport kit that was never put into production (because of the ease of install with stock motor mounts there really wasnt much there to do) i believe you use all but one of the stock mounts, the otherone just needs to be machined from one of the remaining mounts to fit.

for the engine almost everybody on here will suggest www.hmotorsonline.com their engines are in grade A condition and they come to you performing and looking good. you would be looking for the h22a swap....

if the car you have is a manual 5 sp. you are all set, if it is automatic i'd have to tell you to sell it and buy a manual as it will be easier and alot less hassle, it will cost less in the long run aswell.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:32 PM
94projectvtec

Thanks for the advice, the web pages you gave should be really helpfull. Also is this the best swap that there is for this car. I want to get the most hp possible. I just wanted to make sure that this is the engine to do the job. Also it is an auto, for now.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:16 PM
BlkAkonda

What complications are there with this type of swap? Or is it just a perfect swap?...I have a 98 Honda Accord

Last edited by BlkAkonda; 02-20-2006 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:23 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Originally Posted by BlkAkonda
What complications are there with this type of swap? Or is it just a perfect swap?...I have a 98 Honda Accord
into your car it is a tad harder and not really worth it. do a turbo instead... the swap is better suited for 4th and 5th gens
Old 02-20-2006, 07:23 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

into your car it is a tad harder and not really worth it. do a turbo instead... the swap is better suited for 4th and 5th gens
Old 02-20-2006, 07:43 PM
BlkAkonda

Any other trades that might be worth it?
Is it possible to put in a V6 engine?...Not really interested in a turbo upgrade...

Last edited by BlkAkonda; 02-20-2006 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-20-2006, 08:38 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Any other trades that might be worth it?
Is it possible to put in a V6 engine?...Not really interested in a turbo upgrade...
why alergic to power?
Old 02-20-2006, 09:07 PM
BlkAkonda

Not at all!...However, I have heard that turbo isn't too good for a car, and I just want a lil more power to do my thang while I drive daily to work...I dont race anymore...
Old 02-20-2006, 09:47 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Not at all!...However, I have heard that turbo isn't too good for a car, and I just want a lil more power to do my thang while I drive daily to work...I dont race anymore...
either get another car or do a turbo ti's really not worth the hassle on your car. just live iwht what you have...