Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

What combos work best

Old 01-19-2006, 04:56 PM
super civic SIR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What combos work best

I have a 2004 Civic SIR and I have been wondering if my bolt on combo makes the amount of power it's supposed to or if other combos work better. I have 178 hp and 150 ft lbs with hyper voltage and ground systems, greddy Evo 2 exaust, Greddy e-manage system, injen cold air, heat sheild, and an alpha werks header with tuning. Anyone have anything they would have done different or something I should get to go with what I have. Let me know what your using, what works best for you and everyone else wondering what they should do.
Old 01-29-2006, 06:23 PM
super civic SIR

why doesn't anyone want to comment on this thread. I'm just trying to find out what successes other people have had
Old 01-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Turbo plus cams plus tuning works best for me. Bolt-ons are expensive and don't do much, so it wasn't worth my time to make my car fast with them.

Personally, I hate the Emanage with a passion, so that is one thing I recommend you get rid of.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:33 PM
super civic SIR

Originally Posted by Däs Schmoo
Turbo plus cams plus tuning works best for me. Bolt-ons are expensive and don't do much, so it wasn't worth my time to make my car fast with them.

Personally, I hate the Emanage with a passion, so that is one thing I recommend you get rid of.

What do you think I should go with to replace it. Personally I have not had a problem with it and it made my Vtech kick really hard. The first time I dynoed it after putting it in, it kicked hard and I wasn't ready for it I swerved on the dyno
Old 01-31-2006, 06:12 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I don't see the need for it. You have minor bolt-ons at best. Put some cams in, raise your compression, change manifolds, etc and then you will need something that will change the fuel around.

If it is vtec is "kicking", you have it set way too high. Vtec shouldn't be felt.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:24 AM
mr.crx

my vtech kicks hard everytime it rings, sorry had to
Old 02-10-2006, 10:34 AM
super civic SIR

I don't see the need for it. You have minor bolt-ons at best. Put some cams in, raise your compression, change manifolds, etc and then you will need something that will change the fuel around.

If it is vtec is "kicking", you have it set way too high. Vtec shouldn't be felt.
I didn't know that. I thought you were supposed to feel it. The guy that tuned my car set the Vtech to kick in at 4900 rpm. I'll try to post my dyno sheet and you might be able to tell me if it will work.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:40 AM
super civic SIR

I have been looking for a set of cams for my a3 but the only set I can find is on the K-series web site. custom cams he made and is now selling them. anywere else I can get cams from
Old 02-10-2006, 03:39 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by super civic SIR
I didn't know that. I thought you were supposed to feel it. The guy that tuned my car set the Vtech to kick in at 4900 rpm. I'll try to post my dyno sheet and you might be able to tell me if it will work.
Yeah, post the dyno chart. Most tuners will push it back a little further than usual because it is more fun to drive a car that really feels powerful when vtec engages. However, you are losing a little bit of power from this.

Originally Posted by super civic SIR
I have been looking for a set of cams for my a3 but the only set I can find is on the K-series web site. custom cams he made and is now selling them. anywere else I can get cams from
There are plenty of companies that make cams for the K series. The problem is that they all make them for the A2 exclusively. My search came up dry.

Last edited by Däs Schmoo; 02-10-2006 at 03:41 PM.
Old 02-10-2006, 06:21 PM
97civicEXVTEC

There are plenty of companies that make cams for the K series. The problem is that they all make them for the A2 exclusively. My search came up dry.
I thought you could use either cams?