Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

is it a must to upgrade water and oil pump

Old 01-18-2006, 05:46 PM
2MPRSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is it a must to upgrade water and oil pump

hey im going through a turbosetup for my b18c and im looking at 300whp,my budget wouldnt allow me to upgrade my water and oil pump so my question is will the stock water and oil pump do for the mean time? or will i have big problems?

thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

No need. Focus on the more important things: tuning and fuel management.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:04 PM
2MPRSS

yeah bro got a microtech computer and a walbro 500 hp 255ltfuel pump,if i got the oil and water pump upgraded later on would i need to retune it?
Old 01-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by 2MPRSS
yeah bro got a microtech computer and a walbro 500 hp 255ltfuel pump,if i got the oil and water pump upgraded later on would i need to retune it?
No, you wouldn't. I don't see what you would upgrade to. 300 whp isn't really that much. If you want to upgrade something worthwhile, look into reinforcing the bottom end.
Old 01-18-2006, 06:10 PM
2MPRSS

the bottom end has no sleeving thought i wouldnt really need that at the moment but i do have block guard for sum safety.

nice car by the way schmoo,any 1/4 mile times?
Old 01-18-2006, 08:08 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The block guard doesn't do anything. If the cylinder is going to crack, it will crack, regardless of whether a block guard is run or not. The longetivity of the motor is highly dependent on how good the tune is.

I wouldn't go as far as sleeving the motor (since I have seen over 600 whp on stock sleeves), but it would be a good idea to think about some forged pistons, forged rods, and some stronger rod bolts.

I don't have any 1/4 miles times...yet, but thanks for looking.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:19 PM
2MPRSS

yes i do have forged CP pistons and Scat rods and im using ARP head studs,im not really worried about my tuning coz one of the best tuners in the state lives just 30 min away form me and the guy has some respect so im not worried,im only after a set up thats going to be reliable coz its going to be daily driven,i dont have any head work done but looking to work on that in the future.

schmoo you sound like you know what your talking about maybe you might know from experience,how much boost can i run on my car without head work and a good tune?i am running a GT35r with a 38mm wastgate just incase you wanted to know. thanks dude
Old 01-18-2006, 09:22 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You could probably squeeze 350-400 whp out of that setup. It sounds like a nice build and with good tuning you will be able to get a good amount out of it without even touching the head.

If you think that I know what I am talking about, I really don't....h:

Last edited by Däs Schmoo; 01-18-2006 at 09:25 PM.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:13 PM
2MPRSS

hehe thanks bro so no idea on how much boost i can run on it without head work? or you dont know that?haha
Old 01-19-2006, 11:37 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by 2MPRSS
hehe thanks bro so no idea on how much boost i can run on it without head work? or you dont know that?haha
Boost is limited to how well the bottom end is built up and how much fuel you have for a particular power level. Head work is really the last thing you want to worry about on a turbocharged motor. I do, highly recommend swapping out cams to something a little more aggressive so you can extract a little more power out of it without upping the boost.