Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

? about a trade

Old 09-04-2002, 07:12 PM
94 civicgsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ? about a trade

is it a good trade a 94 civic with a gsr motor for an 89 crx with a japenese b16 motor the civic needs suspension,rotors and a fuel pressure regulator plus body work and a paint job

the crx only needs a paint job it has cold air regulator suspension front and rear strut bars external coil and msd digatil 6 ignition

so in anyones opion is this trade worth it
Old 09-05-2002, 10:00 AM
sleepin

If you have the hybrid civic I would say no to the trade. If you have the CRX I would say yes to the trade. Just my opinion.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:36 AM
dubcac
I

What sleepin said.
Old 09-06-2002, 06:32 AM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Default What's up?

Which body style do you like more? Personally, I'd rather have the '94. Better motor, newer car and if it was yours (sounds like it, but you don't mention), you know the quality of the work that went into it. The CRX has a few more mods, but if the body's still straight on the '94, you can always upgrade to match the CRX. Seeya.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:32 AM
94 civicgsr

I OWN THE 94 CIVIC THE REASON IM THINKING ABOUT TRADING IT IS CAUSE EVERY F***ING TIME I FIX SOMETHING SOMETHING ELSE GOES WRONG FOR EXAMPLE I JUST FINISHED REPLACING THE CLUTCH 3 WEEKS AGO AND NOW I FIND OUT THE TRANNNY HAS A CRACK IN IT IVE OWNED THE CIVIC FOR FIVE MONTHS AND DUMPED OVER 2 GRAND INTO IT IVE REPLACED SO MANY PARTS I CANT TELL YOU THEM ALL AND IM JUST TIRED OF DUMPING MORE AND MORE MONEY INTO IT YEAH I UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A SWEEET ASS CAR AND WITH MINOR BODY WORK AND PAINT JOB AND A FEW ENGINE ADJUSTMENTS THIS CAR WILL HALL ASS THE PROBLEM I HAVING IS I CANT UPGRADE OR MODIFY ANYTHING CAUSE IM ALWAYS FIXING SOMETHING ELSE

THE KID IM TRADING WITH IS A MECHANIC AND HAS BABIED THE CRX SENCE DAY ONE IT WAS PUT TOGETHER THE RIGHT WAY AND IVE NEVER BEAT HIM IN A RACE MIND YOU HE ONLY BEATS ME BY A HALF A CAR BUT A WINS A WIN WEATHER BY A INCH OR A MILE

I DONT KNOW IM JUST TRYING TO GET A CAR I CAN RACE ON THE WEEKENDS THAT ISNT GOING TO BREAK DOWN EVERY TIME I DO AND I KNOW THAT CRX CAN MOVE

JUST SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT
Old 09-06-2002, 08:38 AM
sleepin

You might want to take off the caps lock.

I still wouldn't trade. Eventually the CRX will also start to break. When you go hybrid those are the things you have to deal with. I have had to pull my H22 multiple times to repair small problems, the motor is so damn big you have to remove it and the tranny to fix ANYTHING. I don't complain about it because I expected these things to occur, why?, because the motor does not belong in this car.
Old 09-06-2002, 08:49 AM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Default What's up?

Trust me, I know how it is having every little thing break and constantly having to fix things. If you'd really feel comfortable taking someone's car and starting over, that's might be the best solution. Personally I'd stick with the '94, but we all have our own reasons.

For some odd reason, it really bothers me to read stuff all in caps, I don't know, it's like the person typing is pissed off and yelling or something. It really shouldn't bother people, but it does for some reason. Anyway, I'd look at what you want more and go with that. Seeya.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 09-08-2002, 12:28 PM
94 civicgsr

sorry about the caps
my bad