Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

uberdata

Old 07-13-2005, 09:29 AM
TegManGS-R
Blake Brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uberdata

i have heard that uber has lots of bugs/flaws.
is this true and if it is what are they?
Old 07-13-2005, 10:40 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Most of the free software has bugs and flaws. Since they are written by other tuners and not based on expensive research and development to iron out the flaws, you have to live with it, or spend a grip of money on Hondata.

The biggest flaw of uberdata is the lack of cold enrichment. You will notice an irregular idle that bounces a little before the engine warms up. After warm, idle is normal, though.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:36 PM
TegManGS-R
Blake Brown

thats it? that isnt a prob at all.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:14 AM
lkailburn
college kid

shmoo are you sure uber doesn't have cold idle adjustments. i mean i AM experiencing exactly what your describing but this is just on a basemap.

i thought uber has cold idle fuel adjustments
Old 07-14-2005, 09:18 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by lkailburn
shmoo are you sure uber doesn't have cold idle adjustments. i mean i AM experiencing exactly what your describing but this is just on a basemap.

i thought uber has cold idle fuel adjustments
No, it doesn't have scripting for it and probably never will. Crome has it if it bothers you so much and you haven't done any tuning yet.

If you move the IACV slider all the way left to -50 and unplug the control canister purge solenoid plug, it will help a little, but it still won't be like stock.
Old 07-14-2005, 09:21 AM
lkailburn
college kid

iacv slider? im not familiar with that.

i've heard that removing the purge sol and capping the nipple helps but it didn't do anything for me. i tried it
Old 07-14-2005, 10:11 AM
gsr wannabe

Drop the cash on the hondata...It's worth it, and you won't have the buggy issues that you have with the Uberdata. It's about 5-6 bills for the hondata after tuning, but you'll never have to tune again. Not to mention you can have the ecu configured for EASY chip removal ( seriously-open the cover, replace the chip, let the car run for about 5 minutes to adjust, and that's it ) so you can run with race fuel.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by lkailburn
iacv slider? im not familiar with that.

i've heard that removing the purge sol and capping the nipple helps but it didn't do anything for me. i tried it
The IACV slider is on the misc tab down at the bottom.

Originally Posted by gsr wannabe
Drop the cash on the hondata...It's worth it, and you won't have the buggy issues that you have with the Uberdata. It's about 5-6 bills for the hondata after tuning, but you'll never have to tune again. Not to mention you can have the ecu configured for EASY chip removal ( seriously-open the cover, replace the chip, let the car run for about 5 minutes to adjust, and that's it ) so you can run with race fuel.
5-6 bills? I doubt it. The Hondata system with boost and all the important options will cost that, plus a few hundred for tuning.

I'll stick with my free software. h:
Old 07-14-2005, 03:11 PM
TegManGS-R
Blake Brown

when the car warms up the idle quits right? completely?
also when i have my car out of gear and rev it to about 3k and let off the gas the rpms drop like they should but it is like they go too far down and it idles itself up and then rests and purrs like it should. is this normal?
Old 07-14-2005, 04:48 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by TegManGS-R
when the car warms up the idle quits right? completely?
also when i have my car out of gear and rev it to about 3k and let off the gas the rpms drop like they should but it is like they go too far down and it idles itself up and then rests and purrs like it should. is this normal?
When the car warms up, the idle is steady at 750 rpms like normal but until then, it bounces from 1000 to 1500 rpms. Normally, the car will raise the idle speed until it reaches normal operating temperature, but it keeps it steady. In uberdata, it bounces around and there is a hissing noise coming from the EVAP purge solenoid. That is why it is recommended to unplug it.

My idling is a bit erratic when letting off the gas too, but it is because of the open atmosphere blow off valve and the lack of sufficient air flow through the intake. It only really does that with the blue box; uberdata has made it go away.