Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Let me know Pls?

Old 06-23-2005, 11:08 AM
dohCivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Let me know Pls?

i just bought a gsr block with srp forged pistons and rods. now im not sure on the compresstion but i know its low and was used on a turbo setup. the pistons are practically new. the guy totalled the acura and parted it out. he had just got it tuned to. sucks. anyhow i was thinking of ripping the block apart and putting new bearing and rings maybe even balnance everything just to be safe. also can i figure the compression on the pistons. and how much hp can it now handle. it also has a block guard. or should i just go ahead and finish assembling the head and so forth
Old 06-26-2005, 06:53 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

Originally Posted by dohCivic
i just bought a gsr block with srp forged pistons and rods. now im not sure on the compresstion but i know its low and was used on a turbo setup. the pistons are practically new. the guy totalled the acura and parted it out. he had just got it tuned to. sucks. anyhow i was thinking of ripping the block apart and putting new bearing and rings maybe even balnance everything just to be safe. also can i figure the compression on the pistons. and how much hp can it now handle. it also has a block guard. or should i just go ahead and finish assembling the head and so forth
You didn't actually ask a question.
-PHiZ
Old 06-30-2005, 06:41 PM
dohCivic

how can u tell if a bottom end is in good shape. its outta the car and the head is off. should i replace bearings and all?
Old 06-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

It wouldn't hurt. Personally, I would rebuild the engine since it is out of the car and you have no idea what was done to it.
Old 06-30-2005, 08:49 PM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

Originally Posted by Shmoo
It wouldn't hurt. Personally, I would rebuild the engine since it is out of the car and you have no idea what was done to it.
what shmoo said makes the most sense...:thumbup:
Old 06-30-2005, 09:04 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

if you know the specs on the pistons and the cc of your head, you can get a close estimate of what c/r you would have using a compression calculator like www.zealautowerks.com
Old 07-03-2005, 06:28 AM
dohCivic

thanks playaz
Old 07-03-2005, 08:01 AM
BoostedITR41

if you are disassembling it you might as well sleeve the block while it is apart.
Old 07-03-2005, 01:37 PM
dohCivic

Originally Posted by BoostedITR41
if you are disassembling it you might as well sleeve the block while it is apart.
Yeah i was really considering that. It kinda got me stressin cause it pushes my project back further. If i did ill have a bullet proof motor though so i guess its worth it.