Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

power loss.

Old 06-19-2005, 04:14 PM
HondaCRXB18c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power loss.

ok here is what i got. 1991 crx hf. 1994 jdm b18c. stock internals. i am running a pr3 ecu. when i bought it i went to put a zex kit on it and found out the tps wasnt reading the correct voltage. i traced it down and found out somehow it was wired in with the ignitor wire. i removed this wire from the round plug under the hood and i got the correct voltage at the the sensor. and the car seemed to run better.i also added a msd box cap ext. coil and wires.

i havnt done anything else to the cars wireing. for some reason i fell like i have lost power! i ran a stock cobalt ss three or four times from a stop and a roll and i cant beat it. he gets me like half a fender lenght.

does anyone have any suggestions on what i can do. i dont know if those wires had anything to do with it. what else could it be? if im loosing to a stock cobalt ss i have lost atleast a second or a little less.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:06 AM
HondaCRXB18c

nobody has a clue?
Old 06-24-2005, 09:44 AM
EkcivicBeast

i dunno but it sounds like it could be becuz of da masd ignition,from wat i know it's suppose 2 b giving more quicker n powerful sparks, only i can think of is that its not setup 2 match ur timing, it mayb b 2 advance or 2 retarded..advance timing gives lower rpm torque n retarted timing gives higher rpm torque...u might have 2 retard or advance ur spark timing...if u do it do it in lil increments at a time n test it out...
Old 06-24-2005, 10:37 AM
mberndt

Hey,
My suggestion would be to put on the stock ignition, becuase those MSD's prob aren't nearly as good as stock... I don't know specifically what it would be, but I put thicker nology wires (off of an ITR) on my car (B16A) in a 93 civic with OBD-1, and it made the low rpm power really horrible, I had to take them off cause they made the car run like shit. Maybe they had too much resistance, I dunno. I suggest u go back to stock, cause an ignition ain't gonna do much anyway unless u got F/I. I really don't know why those wires didn';t work they were on an ITR for a year and it ran fast. I still have them sittin in my garage, LOL, after 3 years ago.

You better be able to beat a SHITTY cobalt ss, cause it prob made that owner feel like a hero, even though his car is a POS, LOL. A JDM B18C1 in a crx = 14 sec quarter mile car, 13 sec highway car.