Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Best P28 Program for LSVTEC?

Old 05-15-2005, 06:44 AM
JayDeeEmDC4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is for all you people(including you too dan) who have no idea what your talking about:

I gave this person 200 dollars for a motor that was sitting outside in the rain for noone knows how long and told him if everything was ok I would give him the other 200 he said okay no prob. i took the motor hom and said to him " make sure you dont spend that money he said no prob i wont, the next day i found out the ecu was burnt from being in the rain and the head was all rusted inside and milky. So I called him and told him about it and said listen dude this motor is not what I want so I am coming back up to clinton and i want my money back(which I told you not to spend!) he said uh no wait Ill call you right back okay? He calls back and says listen I got arrested and had to use the money to get out so I dont have the 200 u gave me just keep the motor and well call it even!!!

Thats how the story went and you can ask him that is the truth now who thinks that is a scam??

I wanted the money back in the 1st place and he didnt have it cuz he spent it when i told him not to spend it!!

whos in the wrong here not me?
Old 05-15-2005, 11:22 AM
SP00NFed
FuK JDM

ok
Old 05-16-2005, 12:07 PM
EH339

Well back on topic.... JayDeeEmDC4 find a tuner local to you to program your ECU and TUNE your car. Go to www.pgmfi.org and check out their scene. They use Crome software which is the best imo.

Otherwise, stay away from eBay chips and other generic programs. Even if the eBay chips were any good, which most of them are garbage, remember that they are just "base maps".

A base map is not a tune... no car is exactly the same.

Even if it is the same year, same car and with identical mods... add to that the differing mileages on your engines and the fact every state has different gasoline formulations that change seasonally. Your car may feel better from one of these chips, but even when feeling good, the engine could be running dangerously lean at points.

You all spend so much time and money on your projects, don't go cheap on the tune. I see this all of the time, everyone is happy spending the big bucks on the mods that are visible and easily shown off to their friends and rivals. Then it comes time to get their car tuned properly and they try to cheapen out. I saw this two weeks ago in MA. Stupid kid has no problems spending his money on repainting his rock chips for the auto shows, but wanted to nickle and dime on the tune for his newly boosted engine. Dumbass.