Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

please help i have a jackson racing supercharger... i have problems

Old 01-21-2004, 06:37 PM
civic1988

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help i have a jackson racing supercharger... i have problems

lets start from the begining....
i got a 94 civic it worked fine before and during the first few dayz i put the supercharger on.... when i got the supercharger i changed the sparkplugs, venom injectors, mr. gasket headgasket, and fuel pump.... and for some reason it would start to bog down... as if it was getting tooo hot in the cylinders.... i dunno how to explain but my dad explained it tooo me.... he's a mechanic... well n e wayz one night it started working wierd.... like crazy... the and i know it could blow civics with b18s in it... it did all the time... but for some reason it wouldnt.... n e wayz something's wrong with it it sprays oil out some where and i cant find where. that night my car started working like making noises like "pa pa pa pa pa pa pa" not like backfire.... but n e wayz the whole back end of my car was in like burnt oil.... and under the hood was all in oil on the drivers side... and under my car... but no oil was coming out of my exhaust... what i mean by that is no smoke no nuttin.... and i checked my sparkplugs and no oil in cylinders... on the sprakplugs only after burn from too much fuel... i need help... i blew a couple motors already becuz of this supercharger.... 1 by not having enough fuel so i bought a jackson racing fuel pump.... and the other one some thing was wrong with the oil... and i dont wanna blow this one please help
Old 01-22-2004, 09:40 AM
billscivic00

I dont have an answer to any of your questions, but i was thinkin about getting a supercharger and had some questions. I was wondering how much boost are your running/what pulley? Also are you running 87 octane or do you have to run 91 with it. I want to get one, but was wondering what i all really have to change, i have done my research on turbos and wanted to see what the superchargers are like, and see what else i would need to get.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:20 PM
civic1988

you gotta run with 93 octane.... and im runnin with 8psi boost... and all the things i changed except for the injectors.... ive heard you can use integra injectors and they work just fine.... i might just use prelude or accord injectors instead and thats about it i think
Old 01-23-2004, 03:37 PM
billscivic00

Have you thought about geting a afc or something, i know you got different injectors, but maybe the afc will help you tune the injectors and the afc reads alot more.
Old 01-24-2004, 08:43 PM
civic1988

can you tell me if you know for sure that that is the problem... becuz i dont want to spend alot of money for the heck of it... and can you tell me what the afc does and stuff in detail??? i would graitly appriciate it
Old 01-25-2004, 07:06 AM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

nope...the afc is not the prob. it is most likely something to do with the oil leak. is there any oil in your antifreez? just check the overflow tank. a leaky head gasket is one of the possible problems.
you might also have a clogged injector. try using injector cleaner in a tank and see if it helps any. injectors and an afc would help, however i don't think that this is the problem.
what setup exactly are you running? what engine?
i think the gasket didn't seal properly when it was put back together. where's the oil coming from? is it from between the head and the block?
if it's coming from there than it's definitely that the head is not sealed properly to the block.

btw, billscivic00---i highly recommend the new greddy 19t turbo kit. with the kit and intercooler add-on you'd have quite a bit more power than with a jackson charger, and have TONS of room to upgrade later on. i have the older greddy kit on my 1997 ex and i'm told that the new turbo is better and can go up to 300whp. it's also very tried and true, from personal experience.
Old 01-25-2004, 11:28 AM
jonjon

You can run 91 octane if that's all that available...I recommend nice spark plugs and a complete ignition system upgrade before installing the supercharger...also if you want a larger fuel pump go with the jackson stage one boost upgrade kit...comes with a boost timer, fuel pump, new sparkies, larger crank pulley, and a new thermostat. Plus I heard venom fuel injectors are complete crap, remanufactured crap that is.