Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

sick engine...please help

Old 01-21-2004, 06:22 PM
moacsupreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sick engine...please help

I have a da integra, with a b18a1. First off, after starting it, it will not rev up past 3k rpms. After around 5-10 minutes, it will eventually. It seems almost like a rev limiter, it just sits there at 3,000. When going from a stop, the engine makes all kinds of popping, clunking, pinging sounds. Almost sounds like it's backfiring. It bogs down, and no matter how far you have the gas pressed down....nothing. Then, all of the sudden, it just takes off like a bat out of hell. It will not go up hills either, it just keeps bogging down, until it will not go any more. Could this be the fuel filter?? When i bought the car it had been sitting a while, i put a new filter, and drove it....it did this....Then i drained the tank, and added fresh gas. It had bad fuel in it when i drained it. Do i need to change that filter again??? or is it something else...any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:07 AM
dustimus
Better golfer than you

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like something electronic, check the rotor, cap, wires, and most importantly the spark plugs. See if some water got in there and use Wd-40 to get it out if there is