Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Senior PJ on Street Racing.... need opinions!!!

Old 05-11-2004, 05:39 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about you read the terms of service that you agreed to when you created your account.

And judging by your grammar, I wouldn't think that you've even graduated elementary school.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:00 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by Honda-Acura.net Terms Of Service (TOS)
Unlawful activities will not be discussed in the forums. A member may discuss whether a law should exist, but a member may not openly advocate criminal behaviour or disregard for the law.
Street Racing = Illegal.

The full terms of service is availible by clicking the "Terms of Service" tab. On that note, HAN is not a democracy. It is a private web board that anyone is free to participate in as long as they follow the rules and don't p*ss off the admin. So far you've posted in the wrong section (no big deal,) implied that all the members of HAN street race (not a big deal but an annoyance, as HAN always has been anti-street racing) and now you're insulting admin (bad idea.)

Oh, and you're spelling and grammar sucks too.

Cliff's: Play nice.
Old 05-12-2004, 04:40 AM
FMOS Racing
Still Plays With Trucks

Originally Posted by Minami Kotaro
5. Street racing gatherings were, in my experience, full of whiny bitches who would say brilliant things like, "You wouldn't have won if you didn't have more power and weigh less!" when you beat them. Nobody with really fast cars who were really interested in racing would show up, because they were smart enough to go to the strip and pay $12 to race legally all night and not deal with the idiots.
Absolutely!!!

1) I race (legally) because I like the challenge, the strategy, and to see what my latest round of modifications has accomplished. How else do you test your abilities to build and tune?
2) Legally. Bracket, heads up, roundy-round, it doesn't matter. I like it all.
3) What I do with MY life is my own business. It's not worth the risk to OTHER people's life. That's a trend I see in a lot of the "Street Racing" crowd. They're concerned only with themselves, the potential impact on other people is completely lost.
4) Don't do either one.
5) Like was said above, street racing "gatherings" are usually morons and talkers and attitudes and slow. I prefer real competition from real drivers in fast cars. You find those at the track.
Old 05-12-2004, 12:44 PM
Laosthaxgsr

Originally Posted by Kai
Street Racing = Illegal.

The full terms of service is availible by clicking the "Terms of Service" tab. On that note, HAN is not a democracy. It is a private web board that anyone is free to participate in as long as they follow the rules and don't p*ss off the admin. So far you've posted in the wrong section (no big deal,) implied that all the members of HAN street race (not a big deal but an annoyance, as HAN always has been anti-street racing) and now you're insulting admin (bad idea.)

Oh, and you're spelling and grammar sucks too.

Cliff's: Play nice.
dats da way we young heads type online (Translation: SOME young teenagers, when they go online, they go into a different world where anything goes, and grammar nor spelling doesn't matter to them, as long as their companion understands)..... sorry u (you) couldn't understand.......guess ur gettin old pahtnah (It can be a side effect of you getting too old too fast. Welcome to the 21st century NET, Partner)....

[implied that all the members of HAN street race (not a big deal but an annoyance, as HAN always has been anti-street racing)]
Did I say that all the members street race???? Find a phrase I wrote that said that.... I said "If you have any comments" i neever said anything like "Hello fello HAN street racers" I was asking anybody who did, didn't, or condemed street racing...... i just wanted info.... thats it???? is that hard to ask.... this is going into my Interviews/Opinions page of my paper.... but this would also help me on my conclusions to since SOME HANers hav gave me some interesting things about racing that i couldn't have thogught about.....anyways im through post stuff in here..... so you , i , or anybody can end this..... i've learned more to this site now and i won;t make another mistake so sorry that I insulted you....excuse my spelling and grammar, i'm typing really fast because i only have 15 minutes to use this PC..period
Old 05-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Laosthaxgsr

Originally Posted by FMOS Racing
Absolutely!!!

1) I race (legally) because I like the challenge, the strategy, and to see what my latest round of modifications has accomplished. How else do you test your abilities to build and tune?
2) Legally. Bracket, heads up, roundy-round, it doesn't matter. I like it all.
3) What I do with MY life is my own business. It's not worth the risk to OTHER people's life. That's a trend I see in a lot of the "Street Racing" crowd. They're concerned only with themselves, the potential impact on other people is completely lost.
4) Don't do either one.
5) Like was said above, street racing "gatherings" are usually morons and talkers and attitudes and slow. I prefer real competition from real drivers in fast cars. You find those at the track.
yes true thanks bro!!!!! ppls at da races r a**holes dats y i stopped goin.....
Old 05-12-2004, 10:22 PM
TheCrazyRussian
'93 Prelude Si stock...

Ok seriously, you don't need to say ppl or dats and mispell words, i just read your post about this "online chat" crap, and yeah it's fine when you use it for the heck of it, but you don't have to make EVERY post that way, at least when you can type That just as fast and easy as "dat" or ppl and people its all the same, why not use some proper grammar on a forum that is meant to be serious and not stupid? I got a headache from reading your writing... augh...
Old 05-13-2004, 09:57 AM
illusion

1. why do you race? Because it's more fun than setting ass hairs on fire running naked down main street.

2. do u prefer legal or illegal racing? why? I don't race on the streets persay, although if the road is open and someone feels froggy I jump, but I always stay within my known boundries, but it is still taking a chance. I like to take my cars to the strip because of the commoradary and fun. I like to take my bike to the track(laguna preferably) because it's the only time I can truely crank the go knob and not worry about someone pulling in front of me and killing me, although a squid laying it down in front of you is pretty hairy. The thrill is coming out of 8a with your nose in the air trying to get ahead of the squid on the bruiser before you hit rainey bend, then a few corners later hitting 140+ coming under the overpass is will give you a hardon.

3. is it worth a ticket or ur life? why? A ticket? not really, but it's not the end of the world if i do get one. I've managed to keep my tickets spaced far enough apart that I've only ever had 1 that I couldn't take the class for. Killing someone is unacceptable if I can help it, that's why I try to stay as safe as I can on the road. On the track, no tickets, and if I die, I die happy. My gear cost almost as much as my bike in an effort to avoid that though(I wear a customized Erbo ProFutura with every option(ran me almost $3k), back guard, helimot daytona security boots(with carbon fiber shell to keep from snapping your ankle), arai rx7 lid, and TiMax gloves(With titanium external plates and wrist beam)

4. wen u go night racing, is it actually a race or messing with cops heads? why? When I am actually racing, I'm usually intent on proving something to myself(Which is why the track is Soooooo fun). Doing something to mess with cops is plain stupid(and folks wonder why cops are arseholes)

5. additional comments Overall I'd say street racing is just stupid. 99% of the twerps doing it are so worried about being cool, they don't stop to think what would happen if they hit someone. I had a recent experience with some punk that I didn't know I was racing, I was just trying to get on the highway and be up to speed. I finally got in the middle lane and had long let off the gas and I hear a heard of bumble bees pass me. he cuts in front of me, cuts the guy off in the lane next to me, then proceeds to weave in and out of traffic during rush hour in San Jose. THAT IS IDIOTIC, If you or someone you know pulls that crap, you need serious help. Now I can't say I'm always safe, I do kick it up a notch once in a while on the street(try to keep up with me when I'm on my bike heading up to Alice's), but I'm always aware of my surroundings and try to be as careful as possible.
Old 05-13-2004, 10:52 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Originally Posted by TheCrazyRussian
Ok seriously, you don't need to say ppl or dats and mispell words, i just read your post about this "online chat" crap, and yeah it's fine when you use it for the heck of it, but you don't have to make EVERY post that way, at least when you can type That just as fast and easy as "dat" or ppl and people its all the same, why not use some proper grammar on a forum that is meant to be serious and not stupid? I got a headache from reading your writing... augh...
See this still isn't the best grammar (no offense) but atleast it's still ledgible.

Originally Posted by Laosthaxgsr
dats da way we young heads type online (Translation: SOME young teenagers, when they go online, they go into a different world where anything goes, and grammar nor spelling doesn't matter to them, as long as their companion understands)..... sorry u (you) couldn't understand.......guess ur gettin old pahtnah (It can be a side effect of you getting too old too fast. Welcome to the 21st century NET, Partner)....
That just gives me a headache.

Good job, e-thug.
Old 05-19-2004, 03:05 PM
wedley2
bboy Wesley West

serious trying to read tha crap is like reading my own handwriting. i used to be pre street but now i think its plain stupid. going fast in a line, whoop-dee-d00.

i might get into autocross, but hitting the turnies require much shifting and skillz. launching also requires skillz but wutever.