Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

civic vs minivan

Old 01-29-2004, 01:48 PM
Diablo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

install in 200 and ill get the car back the same day. be gentle to my car for 500miles though is gonna be tough as hell,lol
Old 01-29-2004, 04:50 PM
Fast-Ford
Loves Nascar, NHRA & SCCA

Originally Posted by Diablo
install in 200 and ill get the car back the same day. be gentle to my car for 500miles though is gonna be tough as hell,lol
Really though......short term pain for long term gain though!

I don't think I could manage a clutch install. Can you get a firewall adjuster so that the clutch travel is shorter for the Trans AM? Those things are supposed to be nice on the clutch leg if your travel is long like it is in the Mustang.

BTW This is now the biggest thread on the Kill Stories board......we need some brainless person to make a comment that will keep it going for at least another 100 posts.............
Old 01-29-2004, 07:07 PM
ludeboom

Originally Posted by Fast-Ford
BTW This is now the biggest thread on the Kill Stories board......we need some brainless person to make a comment that will keep it going for at least another 100 posts.............
calling all toyota celica board members
Old 01-30-2004, 05:48 AM
twin3037

the only celicas im really a fan of are those alltrac turbos ones those things were beasts.
Old 01-30-2004, 05:53 AM
twin3037

i didn get another kill last night. raced a blue prelude had a muffler making alout of noise. I was in my all stock gsr first we went from 40 and he pulled maybe 1/4 a car to 80. we then stopped and went on third honk third honk we both hit it and i jump 2 cars off the launch and he never caught up just saying damn i love my kuhmo mx's
Old 02-01-2004, 11:25 AM
Fast-Ford
Loves Nascar, NHRA & SCCA

Originally Posted by twin3037
i didn get another kill last night. raced a blue prelude had a muffler making alout of noise. I was in my all stock gsr first we went from 40 and he pulled maybe 1/4 a car to 80. we then stopped and went on third honk third honk we both hit it and i jump 2 cars off the launch and he never caught up just saying damn i love my kuhmo mx's
Making noise starts at the muffler, making power starts at the headers.

Going from a stop is far better than a roll because it puts a lot more responsibility on you to make sure that A: you can drive, B: you have a good traction set up, and C: you have good tires.

I had a guy tailgating me yesterday in an older Prelude (I was driving an Acura 1.6 EL) and when we hit the double lane he puled up beside me like he wanted to race but I let him go. Then today when I pulled on the hi-way a Nissan Maxima sped right up behind me passed and gave me the finger because he was too lazy to change lanes.......not like I cut him off. This was the weekend for agressive morons. I expect that behavior when I'm driving the Mustang because that's just how eveeryone is wanting to give you a hard time, but when you drive a 4 door sedan you don't usualy run into that type of thing. AH well, I'll take my lumps bcause I will be dishing it out in another 3 months.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:52 AM
ludeboom

AH well, I'll take my lumps bcause I will be dishing it out in another 3 months.
:werd:

~boom
Old 02-01-2004, 03:13 PM
senseiturtle
euro trash

Going from a stop is far better than a roll because it puts a lot more responsibility on you to make sure that A: you can drive, B: you have a good traction set up, and C: you have good tires.
I agree. Overall, its better to go from a stop.

On the other hand, I also love 2nd-gear or 3rd-gear only runs, starting at 10 or 20 mph. I feel it gives a better idea of the car's true power, since both low end torque and high-end HP are both shown in their full glory. This is a little different than say, a drag strip, where top end makes much more of a difference.

Just an off-topic .02 Why not try both?
Old 02-02-2004, 11:09 AM
twin3037

yea it was the weekend for moron drivers and this saturday end of the month all the cops out and on 75 north bound a cop on a bridge gunning people and others to pull them over. i was going the speedlimit someguy got pissed becasue i didn't change lanes and i was in the middle zoomed around me gave me the finger then 10 seconds later gets a bike cop on his ass, that was revenge
Old 02-02-2004, 11:23 AM
Diablo

Even with your clutch working, I don't think you'll have a chance from a dig. I'll bet you'll just sit and spin (which is probubly why your clutch doesn't work in the first place!)

juist ordered 4.10 gears, well defanately being having some fun soon.

hurry up and put some miles on your ride so you can mod the fugger.