Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

94-97 Honda Accord Climate Control Unit Replacement/Dash Removal

Old 07-19-2005, 05:32 AM
baldytheeagle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94-97 Honda Accord Climate Control Unit Replacement/Dash Removal

Hi

I have a 97 Accord and my Air Con works very intermittently. I purchased a replacement control unit and now have the joy of trying to figure out how to remove the whole dash to put the control unit in.

picture of whole dash/control unit:

the piece i purchased:

Can anyone let me know what I need to do in order to get my new control unit in - or at least remove the dash?

I've diagnosed the AC problem as being strictly the control unit (the relays and fuses are OK and power is going in). I've gotten the 2 screws out from the speedometer/tachometer cluster, and can dislodge part of the dash assembly a bit, but would appreciate some advice.

Thanks so much!!!!!!
Old 03-09-2008, 12:30 PM
chenbo1

Default Honda Accord 97 climate control unit installation

Hi: I saw your thread regarding the same subject that I have. I bought the entire climate control unit I just need to know how to disassemble the dash and install it? I cracked the "teeth gear" on my heater control.. It is blowing hot air everyday like talking to another moron.. hhhehehehehehe hahahah Can you help me?
Old 06-16-2010, 07:05 AM
berett315

Hope this helps cuz i have to order and replace mine too for punching the buttons on the climate control , but i bet there is a way to get to it the same way you get to the radio-
*Look inside the bottom of the armrest and there is a square that must be popped open-remove the 2 screws you see there.
*Next, pop out the cup holder and unscrew those two screws.
*Pull out the entire console and set it aside.
*remove the black trim around the shifter and radio, it pops out too once you get the console off
*your guess from there, i havent made it that far-too hot right now to be working in my car
Old 03-11-2011, 09:19 AM
clay

i have a 1989 honda civic im putting a h22a1 can you tell me where i can get axels?