Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Needs some help selecting turbo.

Old 01-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Needs some help selecting turbo.

Ok, I got a 95 Civic LX with like 101k on it. It's pretty much a daily driver except in the winter. I got pretty much a full intake exhaust upgrade with AEM, DC Sports, Skunk2, and Hayame parts. I was wondering if a turbo would would work on this car and if it would be reliable. If so, I need some help selecting parts....pretty much the whole shabang. Brands and such. I would like to know things like if I could use my own piping to the intercooler and out to save some $$. Whenever some of ya have some spare time feel free to help me out.
Old 01-30-2005, 07:34 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

How much are you willing to spend on parts?

Are you looking for a kit or a pieced together kit?

And, most importantly, do you know what you are getting yourself into?

If I were you, I would opt for a B18C swap. You would probably be pushing more power with much better reliability for a bit cheaper.
Old 01-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Hmm. All the work that's ever been done on my car I've done my self. I was opting for a turbo because I could get peices in like 2 week intervals as to not kill my income in one clean swipe like I would with grabbing a B engine. I know how to swap, the only thing is, I don't really have a way to get the engine out once it is. And I'd hate to bring the thing to a garage pay for a full swap, when my only problem is pullin the sucker out and droppin the other in. By the way is the B18c a direct bolt on?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

It should be. I am not too sure on that one, so don't quote me, as I have no experience with swaps. How much do you have to spend? I would leave at least a $3000 budget for parts and tuning.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:19 AM
Omniscient
warm butter on toast

Price really isn't a problem. But I'm not the kinda person who buys the 1st thing he sees. Very conservative.