Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Help?

Old 09-16-2004, 11:46 AM
chickenwriter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help?

Howdy! I'm new here, and pretty much to cars in general actually. I've got a '91 Integra GS leaking coolant. I know I've got to replace the lower hose for sure, but it looks like there's another leak. The problem is it's so impossible to see up in there to figure out where it is exactly. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 09-16-2004, 03:40 PM
waleylim

Replace the hose where you are sure the leak is from, then find/borrow a coolant pressure tester (you can loan one from autozone). Fill the radiator with coolant again and pressurize the radiator with the apparatus and check for other leaks in the system. The pressure tester is something you fit onto the radiator where the cap is and pump it like an air pump to fill it up with pressure and if there is a leak in the system, depending how bad it is, coolant in the system should be squrting out like crazy.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:54 AM
AndyOhio

If you're sure the leak isn't something catastrophic like a cracked head or block, I would replace all coolant hoses, thermostat, and radiator cap even if they aren't the source of the leak just because of the age of the vehicle. I wouldn't be surprised if you need or will soon need a new radiator. Replace the water pump when Timing Belt Day arrives.
Old 09-20-2004, 09:45 AM
chickenwriter

Thanks for the help. It's all good now.