Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Pics of my DIY smoked tail lights

Old 09-04-2004, 06:43 AM
dawrenn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my DIY smoked tail lights

I got around to taking picutures but they might be crappy b/c I took them with my phone since I could not find the digi.

Old 09-04-2004, 07:19 AM
carta79
Life after death

I would find a different site to host your pictures buddy. Imagestation has got to be one of the worst sites because they don't really allow hotlinking. Trying using photobucket for better results.

You did a very good job on your tail lights by the way, looks very nice.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:36 PM
dawrenn

Originally Posted by carta79
I would find a different site to host your pictures buddy. Imagestation has got to be one of the worst sites because they don't really allow hotlinking. Trying using photobucket for better results.

You did a very good job on your tail lights by the way, looks very nice.
Do you think it is too dark? Some people do. I am getting convinced that it is too dark and now I am considering doing the whole thing over again when I get a new can a paint.
Old 09-05-2004, 07:53 AM
carta79
Life after death

Originally Posted by dawrenn
Do you think it is too dark? Some people do. I am getting convinced that it is too dark and now I am considering doing the whole thing over again when I get a new can a paint.
Do you have any night shots of the tail lights? As long as your turn signals are clearly visible during the day and night, I don't see a problem. I can see light clearly shine through in the pic that has the lights on. So where does to dark come in to play.
Your convinced that it's to dark because your listening to what other people are saying maybe. How does it look like to you is the question? If you like it that's all that matters.

I guess it's all personal preferance but as I said before, it looks good.

How many coats of paint do you have on there?
Old 09-05-2004, 11:40 AM
dawrenn

Originally Posted by carta79
Do you have any night shots of the tail lights? As long as your turn signals are clearly visible during the day and night, I don't see a problem. I can see light clearly shine through in the pic that has the lights on. So where does to dark come in to play.
Your convinced that it's to dark because your listening to what other people are saying maybe. How does it look like to you is the question? If you like it that's all that matters.

I guess it's all personal preferance but as I said before, it looks good.

How many coats of paint do you have on there?
Here is a night shot of the tail light with the blinker lit up.

Sorry about the poor quality but what can you expect from a camera phone. That is the reason I am convinced. I like how it looks I am just afraid the cops are going to F*ck with me. I put 2 coats on it.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:06 PM
MilanoMan
98 Civic Ex

Please tell me how to do this. Can I do it to 98 taillights??? I hate the stock ones, and I have a red coupe, so it would look good with red on black. Thanks man.
Old 09-17-2004, 01:16 AM
ek3_rs

hi all, some pics of my tail light too...

Old 09-17-2004, 01:20 AM
ek3_rs

Originally Posted by MilanoMan
Please tell me how to do this. Can I do it to 98 taillights??? I hate the stock ones, and I have a red coupe, so it would look good with red on black. Thanks man.

i actually using tinted film use to mask up headlight or tailight, stick them on like sticker, and use a pen knife to trim off the excess, need to pull and press tightly, so as not to create air bubbles between them. 1 good point is that you can peel it off when u get bored with it.

black tint film and pen knife

notice the flim is translucent.

time spend is 1 hr.
Old 09-17-2004, 03:18 AM
dawrenn

All I see are red X's
Old 09-17-2004, 07:39 AM
Archon810

looks too dark to me... the blend between red and black is too rough. might just be my personal preference though...