Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

door panel clips?

Old 04-08-2004, 11:58 AM
narc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default door panel clips?

how hard of a job is it to take off those clips on the outside of the door that run down the middle and patch the holes and repaint it? has anyone done this or have a picture of it?

on a 2001 integra
Old 04-12-2004, 06:52 AM
SunsetLude

just take off the door panle on the inside find the dent and knock it out with a hamer, dont be scared... then sand the out side till its good enough its pretty ez i watch my step dad fix my lude
Old 04-13-2004, 01:04 PM
integradraggin

take off the door panels, there will be a few screws, one behind the handle and one in the side little pull thing (plastic) sorry i dont know the name. Pull the panel off starting from the bottom. Unclip all the electrical parts and take off the panel. You will be able to see about 4 or 5 clips on the door. Unclip them. Be careful because that plastic part can bend really easy and mess up on you if you ever want to put it back on. There will be empty holes now where the clips were. Take a small punch and dent in each of the sides of the holes. Not to hard you just want them in a little to make it easier for the next step, and not to have any hard edges.

The next step is covering the holes. Apply kittyhair to the back of the holes. Kittyhair is fiberglass in a can---read instructions. The kittyhair will oozze out of the holes in the front. Allow 20 mins to harden then sand. When you are sanding you want to feather edge the paint around the holes that you just covered. Use 180 grit paper to start with. When sanding you should see the levels of paint...bare metal, primer, then paint....kinda like the rings of a tree. Use a paint stick and wrap your sandpaper around it so you dont make pits. so once you have the entire surface smooth and its all the same height apply the bondo and do the same thing. It might take you a few coats to get it right. Once you get it smooth with the 180 go to 200 grit paper then finish with 400. After you are finished with that step you are ready to paint.

Clean the surface with a degrease/oil cleaner. wipe on wipe off. prime the area. wet sand with 400 grit paper then paint and clear and you are done.
Let me know if you have any more questions. ill look for some pics later