Notices
Detailing Forum Advice on detailing from the experts.

Ask a Professional Detailer...

Old 05-19-2006, 05:23 AM
delsol161

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok. i had to do a lot of sandblasting on the body of my car over the past summer. i'm in the proccess of detaling the entire interior to get it ready for the summer (after it's painted). the fabric of my seats seems to have sucked up a great deal of the sand. how can i get it out? a shop-vac did absolutely nothing. i'm frustr8ed... lol... any advice?
Old 05-19-2006, 07:11 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

Originally Posted by delsol161
ok. i had to do a lot of sandblasting on the body of my car over the past summer. i'm in the proccess of detaling the entire interior to get it ready for the summer (after it's painted). the fabric of my seats seems to have sucked up a great deal of the sand. how can i get it out? a shop-vac did absolutely nothing. i'm frustr8ed... lol... any advice?
You probably want to seek someone who has a high powered extractor. That's the only thing I can think of that would help. Detail shops and upholstery shops should have one.

George @ Detailed Image
Old 05-19-2006, 07:36 AM
delsol161

thx
Old 06-17-2006, 09:41 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
First thing you want to do is wash and dry as normal then follow up with these two steps.

My favorite combo for canvas tops are:

303 Fabric Cleaner - Clean up existing stains and prep the surface for the protectant. This product has many benefits. 1) It's a concentrated formula, so you can dillute it to the ratio that is needed to remove the stain. 2) It's a amazing all purpose cleaner for leather, vinyl, rubber, carpets, engine degreaser, and plastic. We usually use a 6:1 (water:303) mixture for most instances so that will make 6 x 32oz bottles = 192oz of cleaning solution.

303 High Tech Fabric Guard - This will help bead water and prevent stains from penetrating into the convertible top. Also works well on carpets and floor mats to prevent future staining.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image

My S2000 has a vinyl top, so I have the 303 Vinyl Top Kit....the Convertible top cleaner and 303 aerospace protectant. Using your mixing ratios above, what would be the best way to apply it after spraying it onto the top? I assume with the cleaner you could use a soft brush or wash mitt to clean. How should the protectant be applied?
Old 06-18-2006, 05:22 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

Originally Posted by dubcac
My S2000 has a vinyl top, so I have the 303 Vinyl Top Kit....the Convertible top cleaner and 303 aerospace protectant. Using your mixing ratios above, what would be the best way to apply it after spraying it onto the top? I assume with the cleaner you could use a soft brush or wash mitt to clean. How should the protectant be applied?
Good choice. For the cleaner we do like a mild brush while cleaning, wash mitt would work as well but wouldn't be as thorough of a job getting into all the pores and cracks. Usually just mist it on and work it around with a brush. Rinse off as you are washing your vehicle. Apply the protectant after the entire vehicle has been dry. You can use a foam applicator pad or a microfiber towel for application. After applied, we usually re-wipe with a clean towel to remove any excess product left behind. This technique should work well for your top and leave you with a great look as well as good protection.

EDIT: The Convertible Top Cleaner is already pre-mixed ready to use out of the bottle, no mixing is needed. If its the Fabric Cleaner or Aerospace Cleaner then mix it anywhere from 6:1 ratio up to 10:1 depending on how good of a cleaning it needs. But again if it has the label: 303 Convertible Top Cleaner, no need for dilluting it.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any more questions.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Old 06-21-2006, 12:34 PM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

I just bought a red 1992 civic hatchback, the paint on the hood and the roof is a little foggy and dull. is there anything that i can do??
Old 06-21-2006, 12:55 PM
Detailed Image
Registered

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...24&postcount=3

This is a great reference post for people either trying to remove swirls and scratches or to remove oxidation and clean up thier clear coat.

This will give you the most dramatic results and will be well worth the time and money spent. Be sure to follow up with a sealant or wax.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

George @ Detailed Image
Old 06-21-2006, 01:52 PM
MuleS2K

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...24&postcount=3

This is a great reference post for people either trying to remove swirls and scratches or to remove oxidation and clean up thier clear coat.

This will give you the most dramatic results and will be well worth the time and money spent. Be sure to follow up with a sealant or wax.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

George @ Detailed Image
Nice write-up!
Old 06-22-2006, 07:55 AM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

very nice write up!!!! Thanks a bunch!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:03 AM
jdmeg6hatchy
i

one more question. whats the best way to get that brake dust build up off of alloy factory wheels? its almost like they have never been cleaned and its baked on. thanks