Notices

90 crx si dohc zc mis-fire and no codes

Old 04-22-2011, 03:08 AM
Doug2479

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 crx si dohc zc mis-fire and no codes

I recently purchased a 90 crx si with a zc engine. I bought knowing it needed somethings, one was it had a miss. At that time it also threw a code 16 (fuel injector) error on the ecu. I wiggled the wiring harness next to the resitor pack and the miss went away (for a while). I drive it daily, and would get the cel and code 16... I started to trace some of the wiring and found one of the metal clips missing from #2 injector. I ty-wrapped it down and thought I would test drive the next day to see if that was my problem. While was happening with the cel coming on the engine ran fine with exception they will run slightly crappy w an ecu error. .... So ... I drive the car and now have a mis all the way from idle to wot, lack power, won't idle of-course.... no error code.
Has new plugs... pulled and looked at them they are brown... not fouled.
Has new plug wires, cap & button look good... no corosion. I checked the main relay... it tests good and looks good... no cracking solder joints.
no leaks that I am aware of. However I "run out of gas" at about a 1/2 tank.... thinking the little tube and screen fell of the pump... I filled it up to eliminate that.. I don't believe its the iac ... Any ideas??????????
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 AM
Doug2479

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Update,

Replaced Fuel pump and filter. Ran ok to work (30 miles) crapped out half way back with an ecu code 1 - I replaced the o2 sensor and it ran the best its ever run ... for about 10 minutes. back to crap, no power and missing... cel but no error codes.... anybody ever see this before?