Notices

im screwed...crx si time for swap!

Old 04-05-2003, 02:49 PM
RiceBoysDream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im screwed...crx si time for swap!

well today my car felt really slow as if i needed to get a tuneup. so i came home parked my car and started to take out my spark plugs, the 1st one came out fine when i went to the 2nd one i noticed that the spark plugs bolt was/is stripped, i avoid it got to the 3rd one it comes out, i do the 4th one and the same thing its stripped.

so i guess u can say im assed out, cause there is no way in hell ima get these plugs out.have any of you had this problem before?why does this sorta thing happen?i also noticed the car has some crappy autolite plugs.i guess its really time to get a zc.

also my check engine light came on today 4 times when i would drive the car hard. its never happened to me before,when i got home i checked my ecu to seee if it was flashing any codes and it isnt. whats going on with my car?

how much is shipping on a motor from hmotorsonline?
Old 04-05-2003, 08:30 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

a stuck sparkplug is no reason to get a new engine...unless you really are stretching it in order to get one

most auto shops can get them out...next time you put in plugs make sure to lube the threads with oil (they probably have been in there for too long and seized)
Old 04-06-2003, 12:00 PM
RiceBoysDream

how much would a shop charge me to get em out?do u have an idea?
Old 04-06-2003, 03:34 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally posted by RiceBoysDream
how much would a shop charge me to get em out?do u have an idea?
no idea never had that happen to me...but i've had a shop take off an O2 sensor off an old manifold and that was like $10 (though i just brought in the manifold)
Old 04-06-2003, 06:06 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

If you don't want to spend money and you do want to have some fun, you can just swap the head. They can be had off of partstrader for around $50. Otherwise, take it to a shop and they can pull the old plugs and rethread the holes for you.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:32 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

if you were trying to get them out when teh engine was still hot, do it when it's cold. It'snever a good idea to work on a warm engine since everything is expanded...