Notices

old paint but still shines, how do you keep that shine

Old 02-26-2003, 06:59 PM
cwhiteboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That may be your clear coat coming off. It happened to my brothers lude. Try some paint cleaner (mequirs cleaner wax), then clay it, if that doesnt work, then most likely its your clear coming off.
Old 03-01-2003, 09:03 AM
94AccordSedanEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

* Clean Wheels - Car Soap
* Wash Car - Car Soap
* Dry
* Claybar - Will Remove Contaniments, Sap, etc. that you don't even know is on the paint and will make the paint feel like glass, brand new, or even better! Go To Autozone and buy Clay Magic, or Mothers brand clay bar
* Swirl Mark Remove - Will Remove Swirl Marks (those circle scratches you might see in the sun) Scratch X, Meguiars # 9 By Hand, Meguiars # 9, 3M Swirl Mark Remover by Buffer
* Polish/Glaze (Will Help Shine The Surface)- Meguiars # 7 Show Car Glaze, 3M Imperial Hand Glaze, Klasse All In One if it's Oxidized
* Wax - (Will Protect It from Rain, Snow, etc.) Could Either Seal It with Blackfire, Klasse or some kind of Sealant (I never use them so don't know to much), or use a Caranuba Wax like Meguiars # 26 High Tech Yellow Wax (Liquid), or S100 - Best Wax Out (found at Harley Davidson Dealerships. It's a bike wax, or maybe a Detailing Shop).
* Quik Detailer - Meguiars Final Inspection, Meguiars Quik Detailer, Clearkote Quickshine

Don't forget to dress the tires, Clean the black Trim with some Black Polish.

All these products with the exception of a few (Klasse, Clearkote, 3M) can be found at stores like Autozone, Discount Auto Parts, etc.

This should be done once or so a year. Every week you should wash the car, or every two weeks. I wax every two weeks and polish/glaze followed by wax every 4 weeks. In between those, I wash followed by quik detailer on the car. Good luck.