Notices

how to wire up bumper lenses to stay on constantly?

Old 02-27-2003, 04:22 PM
RiceBoysDream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how to wire up bumper lenses to stay on constantly?

i wanna do this modification to my bumper lenses, i want them to stay on all the time like the jdm crxs any1 have any i dea or walkthhrough on how to do this mod?
Old 02-27-2003, 04:33 PM
WhiteRiceRex
Banned

yes that would be pretty cool
Old 02-27-2003, 05:19 PM
Speed Phreak
Turbomafia

You'd have to use a few relays, dual-filement bumbs and sockets(like the brake bulbs/sockets - 1157 I think). You'd repace the std bumper light sockets with the dual-filement bulb, wire the switched relay into the low entinsity wire, and into your park/head lights. Then wire the high entinsity wire/GND on the socket to your original turn signal wires.

With the head/park lights on the low bulb would be on, and the turn signal would activate the high filement.

I might post in more detail later, gotta go right now.

~steven
Old 02-28-2003, 08:47 AM
Speed Phreak
Turbomafia

Here is a quick a dirty wiring diagram. This setup wired as shown about will allow your bumper lamps to with your head lights. I included the extra relay connected to the high-beams that will shut them off when you click on the high-beams. You don't have to use this function, I just thought it was neat.

Here are some notes.

1)
You can remove the high beam relay without bothering the circuit. It's just there if you wanna simulate the bumper lights being fog lights. DOT regs in most states require that your fog lights switch off when your high beams come on. Though I doubt most places that inspect car are gonna care about it.

2)
If you want the circuit on with your park lights, all thats necessary is that you switch the low beam 12v signal to a 12v signal from your park lights.

3)
The reason the low filiment is used for the park light function is b/c if you wouldn't be able to see turn signal if it was wired to the high filiment.

4)
The reason this setup uses relays is that the stock wiring system won't support more load on the park light system w/o just not working at all. You could staight wire the bulbs to the head lights but I didn't think that was very safe or clean.

5) You can pick the relays up here for you internet shut-ins, they also have wiring harness. Or at your local radio shack. The sockets are just std 1157 dual filiment bulb sockets, easy place to source them from would be from the tail lights of most Honda's.
Old 02-28-2003, 11:33 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

I've got the wiring setup to do "day time running lights" if you wanna buy that from me... I'd take 15 bucks shipped...
Old 02-28-2003, 03:53 PM
RiceBoysDream

thanbks for the info guys ima do it this weeknd!

peqace and thanks
Old 03-01-2003, 01:07 PM
CoxImport.com
Banned

lets see pics