Notices

Overheating????

Old 02-19-2003, 03:05 PM
Mekode

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overheating????

Can a car overheat if the speedometer or temp. gauge needle is broken? I broke my needle and my car overheated, is this just a coincidence or it overheat when the needle mess up?. any feed back would help thanx
Old 02-19-2003, 06:13 PM
WhiteRice

Of course a car can overheat if the gauge doesn't work...that's like saying does time go on even if your watch broke!

If you over heated, if i were you, I'd change my head gasket. chances are it's now warped, if it wasn't before. Make sure you keep water and and anti-freeze handy if you are driving it.
Old 02-19-2003, 09:08 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Default Re: Overheating????

Originally posted by Mekode
Can a car overheat if the speedometer or temp. gauge needle is broken? I broke my needle and my car overheated, is this just a coincidence or it overheat when the needle mess up?. any feed back would help thanx
If I am understanding what you are saying, no, the car wil not overheat simply because you broke the needle, but it is still possible for it to overheat for other unrelated reasons. What were you doing to break the needle, anyway?

WhiteRice is right, but you may have also warped the cylinder head... the only way to fix that is by machining it flat again or straight-out replacing it.