Notices

Cutting out in first gear

Old 02-18-2003, 01:46 AM
HIFISI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutting out in first gear

hi I have a 1986 si civic with ZC engine. i have had a problem with it for a while. This problem is that it cuts out at 4 1/2 -5 thousand revs in first gear. This is only in first gear. i was getting a o2 sensor light but replaced the sensor and it went away but it is still cutting out. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing the problem. i think it may possibly be a vacuum problem or a problem with the speedometer.
Old 02-19-2003, 01:13 PM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

My buddies DX was doing the same thing, and it turned out to be a lose screw in the dist... Might want to pop the cap and inspect it...
Old 02-19-2003, 06:17 PM
WhiteRice

Default Re: Cutting out in first gear

Originally posted by HIFISI
hi I have a 1986 si civic with ZC engine. i have had a problem with it for a while. This problem is that it cuts out at 4 1/2 -5 thousand revs in first gear. This is only in first gear. i was getting a o2 sensor light but replaced the sensor and it went away but it is still cutting out. Does anyone have any idea what may be causing the problem. i think it may possibly be a vacuum problem or a problem with the speedometer.
Is it a brown-top ECU? Which ecu are you using? I hear this happens if you use a PM7 w/a the brown-top. Use a PG6 if this is the case.