Notices

wire tuck

Old 02-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Neubie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wire tuck

alright, so i got the front end of the rex tore down(fenders, bumper, radiator, fan, etc)
When i got the car, a previous owner had taken out the a/c and power steering, no biggie, but now i'm left with left over wires, and not sure which ones are for what.

Question 1, on the passenger side light harness, theres a two pin white circular plug not hooked up to anything, what is it?

Question 2, the a/c wiring harness in it, is also the radiator fan plug right? which color plug is that?
Old 06-16-2009, 04:37 PM
slimshady_2469

90% sure the radiator fan plug is green, but the white 2 pin connector is the ac fan. just pull all the wires that are in the small loom with the white plug. they go into a grommet on the firewall on the pass. side by the charcoal canister. if you cut them, disconnect the battery first and make sure u wrap them each individually and very well, then tuck them inside, or just follow the wires inside the car and disconnect all the plugs from the dash and a/c box etc. and if you want to lose a few more lbs. rip the ac box out and open it up, theres another part of the condenser i believe, but either way its an easy 5 lbs. then just close the box up and put it back in, might even help ur flow when u use the blower. hope this helps
Old 06-17-2009, 12:28 AM
crx+rx7owner

the part under the dash is called and evaporator. i would't remove it as it is the only filter on the airbox, and will let in all kinda of debris when removed. no crx has a cabin filter.
Old 06-17-2009, 02:49 PM
slimshady_2469

umm, ur not exactly correct. you can take it out and find the factory plugs for the firewall for a non a/c car or you could tape off the holes, or rig up a filter system, but no you dont have to keep the evaporator, and thanks for the right word, i couldnt think of what it was called.