Notices

starter issure

Old 01-11-2009, 02:24 PM
k&c customs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default starter issure

ok i have a 91 crx si and it has a b18 swap well the damn starter will not turn over.. i took it to autozone and it tested good so i put it back on and still noting.. i can press the neutral safety switch buttom in and nothing.. all i hear is a click under the dash.... so i splice the neutral safety switch wires together.. the black and the blue one and still nothing... i also tried runnin a hotwire off another battery to the little femal plug in on the starter and all the starter does is click im lost... need help
Old 01-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Driver
slow lane cruiser

when they tested it, did the gear pop out a little? ( to engage )
If not the starter may still be spining and functioning but not engaging the motor.
Another posibility is a weak battery. I know you tested another battery with it
but maybe it was a little weak too?
Good luck.
Old 01-11-2009, 04:59 PM
gingas

I would either get another starter/alt. or both
Old 01-11-2009, 05:05 PM
k&c customs

Originally Posted by gingas
I would either get another starter/alt. or both
if the starter tested good why would i waste money?

Originally Posted by Driver
when they tested it, did the gear pop out a little? ( to engage )
If not the starter may still be spining and functioning but not engaging the motor.
Another posibility is a weak battery. I know you tested another battery with it
but maybe it was a little weak too?
Good luck.
had jumper cables on batt in the car and had another good battery that i tried to jump the starter with and it just clicks
Old 01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
Driver
slow lane cruiser

My point was whether or not the gear on the starter actually "pops out" to engage the engine. I really was not trying to come across as condesending or being a dick. I was just trying to help you out. But really in my experience I've had people test my parts and while they may function properly on the bench in some cases did not in the actual application. As far as the battery power issue again I'm not trying to insult you or talk down to you, I'm just a car lover trying to help out a fellow car lover. I appologize if I came across as rude man. I hope you get the issue resolved and get your ride back on the road.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Neubie

?a click under the dash? do you got a remote starter?(faulty relay)

Pull the starter again, try and hot wire it to see if that gear pop's out and engages, then get back to us
Old 01-12-2009, 08:55 AM
k&c customs

Originally Posted by Driver
My point was whether or not the gear on the starter actually "pops out" to engage the engine. I really was not trying to come across as condesending or being a dick. I was just trying to help you out. But really in my experience I've had people test my parts and while they may function properly on the bench in some cases did not in the actual application. As far as the battery power issue again I'm not trying to insult you or talk down to you, I'm just a car lover trying to help out a fellow car lover. I appologize if I came across as rude man. I hope you get the issue resolved and get your ride back on the road.
ah its cool man.. im just agrivated with this damn car.... that is correct bout the clutch switch though right? i cut the wires and hook the blue wire up to the black wire.. and taped them off.. is that how to bypass it? theres a click coming from behind the radio it sounds like idk what it is.. im lost...

what color wire is for the strater off the ecu harness coming out of the computer?

also it dont have remote start
Old 01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Driver
slow lane cruiser

Sorry I can't help you with the wire color info man. I don't have the manual for that model.
Clicking from behind the dash, just a guess, maybe a relay?
Good luck.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:51 PM
cruzalekz

clicking part is definitely a relay, anyways, you mentioned you bypassed the starter already right?
your problem could be a bad pinion gear on your starter. it maybe worn out that it does not engage with your flywheel/flexplate teeth thereby not cranking your motor.