Notices

white smoke

Old 10-24-2002, 06:18 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by crxsiperf
It an 88Hf and it has about 136k on it

The exhaust smells like there is more that just gas in it.. its probbally oil cuz like i said i don't think water is burning

If it were like the o2 sensor or egr or anything like that would i throw an error code?

mileage. whats your mileage,
Old 10-24-2002, 06:20 PM
crxsiperf

I have no idea as i just bought the car and i don't wanna drive it until i fix this problem
Old 10-24-2002, 06:27 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

burning oil is normal at 100k+ miles.

but the burning fuel issue.... i mean, give it a tuenup, thats first. chang ete oil, all the filters, pcv, do a leak down test and let us know.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:01 PM
crxsiperf

I went back out there again and fired it up and let it run for a few minutes and i noticed that water drips out the exhaust pipe. Also the smoke has a lotta moisture to it, seems like smoke and water vapor together. Also while it was running it started doing something weird. It will rev up a little and then the rpm's will drop off suddenly and it just keeps doing it. The needle on the rpm just keeps going up and down. It only goes like 2.5k to about 3.5 k and it revs and drops , over and over.
Old 10-24-2002, 07:09 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

try my head gasket test. turn the car off. wait till its cold. uncap the radiator cap and start the car. if it spits out thats a good indication.
Old 10-24-2002, 08:09 PM
vti-crx
JDM Power

does it smell like maple syrup?? lol i allways wondered why my b16 smelled! IT WAS MY HEAD GASKET
Old 10-25-2002, 07:53 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by vti-crx
does it smell like maple syrup?? lol i allways wondered why my b16 smelled! IT WAS MY HEAD GASKET
thats...interesting :eh:
Old 10-23-2005, 08:00 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Well, My car shoots white smoke, and I just had me engine rebuilt with new seals and head gasket and new bearings and all the little goodies. I jsut got myself a new TPS sensor today, and installed it. The only codes flashing now are the IACV and the O2. I will get a new IACV later. But my question is, can a head gasket go bad that quickly. I had it all done about a year ago. It doesn't go through coolant like mad crazy. But when I smell the exhasut it is like a sweet nasty smell, it like burns my nostrels(haha). But it is def white smoke. I don't know if it is my head gasket or am I running lean? I am going to get my car tuned within the next 3 months. I have a VAFC 2, so it will give me a little more flexibility in tuning. But I just don't known what the smoke is from. My mechanic said it might be my piston rings. But IDK what the hell it is.