Notices

starting question

Old 06-21-2006, 06:30 AM
georgelv1999
'92 black widow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I checked the wires themselves to see if there was anything outta the ordinary. I found a fat white wire right by the switch was the insolation was torn. It had a 1/2 inch gash on it. I know this can't be the only thing causing the problem. But can it be a posibility?
Old 06-21-2006, 06:35 AM
georgelv1999
'92 black widow

Oh, what I have noticed too is that when I turn the switch to the II position, the lights are dim, but I leave it for about 1 minute, they get brighter. I mean the dash lights. But if I step on the pedal, they fade out. Man, this is a big ass problem. But hey, now it's going to be my father-in-law's problem. We trade cars. I got a G2 GS with the leather. But still, I would like to let him know the reason why the car don't start.
Old 06-22-2006, 10:12 AM
georgelv1999
'92 black widow

I'm still wondering if it's the ignition switch wiring. I tested the white wire from the battery, and it's strong. Then I took off the 4-connector that goes into the fuse box, tested it, and it seemed strong. I think I tested the white/red wire, I'm not sure, but I got the signal strong. Then, I re-hooked it to the fuse box, and tapped into it with a tester, and the power was about half gone. Would it that, when the switch is connected to the fuse box, it can't carry the current right? I hear the main relay come on, and I see the light on the ECU. Now, sometimes, when the relay comes on, when the CEL is on, the power is very dim, but once the CEL light goes off, the power seems to get stronger to the dash lights. I've tried everything I could do to get it going, but don't find to find the problem. Now, one thing that is bothering me is that I got a starter put on about 2 weeks ago. Could they have done something to do the car that would cause this? Now, even my alar is not activating. Please HELP!
Old 06-23-2006, 06:33 AM
georgelv1999
'92 black widow

So, i got my car started. I just disconnected the battery, and connected it back after like half an hour, and it fired on the first run. But! After running for a while, when I hit the breaks, sometimes, the radio would go off. Sometimes I don't even have to hit the breaks for the radio to turn off. Another thing I noticed is that when I took off my seatbelt, and looked at the light by the rearview mirror, and hit my breaks, it dims like half way, and then comes back. Can this be a sign of a bad battery? I don't think it's the alternator, bcuz the car wouldn't turn over at all.