Notices

Wheels/Tires for autocrossing CRX Si

Old 06-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Afastercar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheels/Tires for autocrossing CRX Si

What size wheel/type and tire do you recommend for my setup CRX Si (s) for autocrossing in SCCA. I have two, one has OZ 16 x 7 w/Ecsta tires. The second has 16 x 7 Tuners w/Pradas. As I understand, I would be better off with 13 in wheels w/Falken tires. Then I heard 14 in wheels both in steel. How about the weight of the steel? Tires and sizes.

Thanks for help, next race in August...
Old 06-12-2006, 05:36 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Well to start is the car stock?
Old 06-13-2006, 08:49 AM
qtiger

To the pre-92 forum with you.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Jigglypuff

You sound like a novice (not in an insulting manner). If that's the case, work on your driving before you go and spend money on upgrades. Stick with whatever wheels and tires you have now, race a season or two, and then start considering R-compounds. I've recently started auto-xing my '91 Civic hatch on 13" wheels and no-name tires, and I consistently place in the last 10% in events. Do I care? Not really, since this is my learning year. I've been told numerously that the driver skill is just as important as tires.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:19 PM
ED9man
driver

Originally Posted by Jigglypuff
You sound like a novice (not in an insulting manner). If that's the case, work on your driving before you go and spend money on upgrades. Stick with whatever wheels and tires you have now, race a season or two, and then start considering R-compounds. I've recently started auto-xing my '91 Civic hatch on 13" wheels and no-name tires, and I consistently place in the last 10% in events. Do I care? Not really, since this is my learning year. I've been told numerously that the driver skill is just as important as tires.
Even a beginner should be on decent sport tires, but I'd say besides that stay all stock.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:42 PM
daveb91
Boo Boo Kitty F*#k

Most people here use Azenis.