Notices

keeping me up at night

Old 01-01-2006, 08:11 AM
psshhhtcrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keeping me up at night

I had a mini-me swap in my crx. I ran a 65 shot of nitrous for sometime. The last time I went to the track I put a 75 shot on it. Well I made it half way down the track when I melted my #4 piston. I can either go with another mini-me but turbo, or STOCK b16. I would expect to male around 250-260 with a camed min-me on hopefully 10psi. I know that pushing it but thats what I would shoot for. Or b16 and then start saving allover again and turbo that. But i want the power now, and it would be awhile for turbo b16.

But I have driven a 94 EX coupe with b16 swap and it was impressive tho. I just wanted to know what some of you think, and maybe your input will help me decide. Thanks.
Old 01-01-2006, 12:22 PM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

d-series turbo > B16... 250-260 is alot to be aiming for at 10psi. You're only gonna see those numbers with a ginourmous turbo, and a great tune.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:10 PM
EQMD EF8

d-series turbo will give you a good deal more HP then a stock b16, but you have no more room to grow, other then rebuilding with forged parts and adding a bigger turbo. If you go b16 you wont have the 250 your looking for, but when you add the turbo you'll have a lot more room to go with it and there is a wider arrary of performance parts availble for a b series. If you want to go cheap, consider a LS turbo. There pretty easy to obtain from a junkyard and boosted there pretty nice.