Notices

Motor mount question

Old 11-12-2005, 05:18 AM
Tankard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor mount question

The timing belt side motor mount(beside the timing belt) on my 91 crx si is broken(the rubber insert piece). If i go to junk yards, will any other Honda(prelude, accord, or whatever) motor mount be the same so it won't have to be from a crx. Most all junk yards around here don't have crx's. It's a stock d series motor with the stock mounts, not b. Thanks for any info. I don't want to go spend another arm for a new one at the Honda dealership.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:09 AM
jlicrx

any 88-91 Civic STD, DX, LX, EX, Si or CRX DX, HF, Si will work - don't know if any others work, but i doubt it
Old 11-12-2005, 09:39 AM
Tankard

Originally Posted by jlicrx
any 88-91 Civic STD, DX, LX, EX, Si or CRX DX, HF, Si will work - don't know if any others work, but i doubt it
Thanks. I just got back from a junkyard and pulled it myself for only 10 bucks. It was a civic that it came from. Don't know what year but i brought my broken mount with me to look if it was the right one before i got it. You can't beat that. 10 bucks and it's almost as good as new. I did;however, screw up and buy the two front corner blinkers off of it for 15 bucks and they are slightly different and won't fit on my CRX. The back end of the light is a more pointed shape and not rounded like the crx. Anybody need some front corners for a civic for cheap?