Notices

What would a Bad IACV cause?

Old 10-23-2005, 08:35 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would a Bad IACV cause?

I just fixed my TPS sensor. SO now I only have 2 codes left to fix. I have the IACV and the O2. What would mess up on my car with a bad IACV. Would it rob my Horsepower, would it run a little sluggish. What I mean is what would go wrong with my car with the IACV being bad. Also does anyone know where I can get an O2 simulator. My goal is to get the check engine light to go off.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:46 AM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

You wouldnt loose any horsepower with a bad IACV you would probally just have a loopy idel. Try cleaning the IACV before you go and purchase a new one. As for the o2 sensor try the honda dealer, let me tell you that is not going to be cheap for eaither of these parts
Old 10-23-2005, 09:49 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Well, my mechanic broke the plastic piece that you plug the plug into. IT still has the prongs on it, but the plastic piece is broke. I can get another one off ebay for about 25 or 30 bucks. I was just wondering what would it cause, and the O2 sensor I need. Will my car run any different with a O2 sensor. I have never had one plug in my car. I would love to actually have an O2 sensor. But I would be just as happy with an O2 simulator, to make the Check Engine light go off.