Notices

A/C problem

Old 09-14-2005, 05:59 AM
slvrinteg95

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C problem

About a week ago I put a recharge kit on my a/c for my crx. When i start the car the air blows cold but after a while of driving down the highway it starts to blow warmer air, and never really gets cold again, it kinda fluctuates. I checked to pressure on the coolent and everything seems fine. Does anyone have any thoughts about how i might be able to fix this.
Old 09-18-2005, 06:40 AM
Tankard

When it stops getting cold, see if your clutch on the compressor is still kicking on. My bet, is that it's not. If the system is properly charged, it could be the clutch gap needs adjusting, along with other things, of course. Mine did the same thing, and i skeeted some brake parts cleaner on the clutch(to clean grease,dirt, etc from it), then used a pry bar to bend the top of the clutch in a little(you could'nt actually see the difference after i did it though). It fixed it. No problems since. Also, this is not the correct way to adjust the clutch gap , but it worked for me.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:04 PM
drkslayer

yes he is absolutly correct. if your system is properly charged, and not leaking... your a/c clutch is not staying engaged.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:49 PM
slvrinteg95

Thanks, for the info i would like ot try this but im still a little shady on what needs to be done exactly where to pry to try and fix this. If you might be able to give me a picture showing where to pry that would be great.

Thanks again
Old 09-26-2005, 08:12 AM
Tankard

First, determine if it is the clutch. While it's not working, see if the clutch is not engaged. If it's not, tap it with a metal rod(baseball bat or something) and if it kicks on, there's your problem. If that's it, the correct way to fix it would be to remove the clutch from the compressor and correctly gap it. Or, to be honest, i don't know if you would actually have to remove it or not from the compressor, because i've never done it.