Notices

Really bad tire wear on the inside of my tires!

Old 09-08-2005, 04:10 AM
RedlineBoyzCRX
EG6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Really bad tire wear on the inside of my tires!

Well, I recently got new tires put on the front of the car. They have been on for about a month and a half now, and the inside of the tires are getting to almost no tread, while the outside tires have plenty left, just a hair less than when I bought them. One of my friends said I need a camber kit for my car. Is this true? IF so waht do I have to do when I install the camber kit in the car, (like to tune it and stuff). Also Would getting some better shocks help that out too? I have the stock shocks on my car right now.
Old 09-08-2005, 04:44 AM
Hatchbak89
"hey flip that cow pie!"

Your tires might be over inflated.
Old 09-08-2005, 07:55 AM
Tankard

You say you've got the stock shocks. What about the springs? It's the springs that lowers the car throwing the camber off. It must be lowered for the tires to do that. Also, yes, a camber kit will fix it good enough. Mine was lowered when i bought it. I had no idea until the front tires only lasted about 10k miles. It had(has) no camber kit. I then bought the stock springs and put back on it, which raised it back up and made it ride a heck of a lot better. No more back jarring bumps and the tires last their normal life. I've still got the springs that lowered it if anybody wants to buy them. I'm sure the car handles better when lowered, but it was'nt worth the discomfort for me. I don't race my car.
Old 09-08-2005, 08:05 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

sounds like you need a camber kit and an alignment
Old 09-08-2005, 09:29 AM
90sicivic
ACCORD & CIVIC TUNER

Originally Posted by :snoopy:
sounds like you need a camber kit and an alignment

same thing that i had to do when i had this problem.. cost me about 300 bucks.. for new shocks, struts, and camber. all around.. from les schwab.... that would prolly be your best bet
Old 09-08-2005, 10:41 AM
ED9man
driver

Make sure your toe is also adjusted correctly, this can also lead to excessive wear as well as bad camber.