Notices

Turbo PSI

Old 05-16-2005, 07:03 AM
spazz0nater
i wanna go fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And plus if you do spend all that time doing that, when you do achive your goal, then what? But i say save the turbo and anything that you have bolted on to your d series engine, that would work on a b series and if you can sell your engine and since your on a budget get a b16a CLICK HERE it's the one im getting cus i dont have money either. Then you just need a differnt manifold and you already have a turbo and intercooler and the greddy data thingy. And all of the stuff you saved from your last engine. But good luck on your efforts.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:37 AM
StreetRacingCRX
None

But if I am going for a swap it will be a b18C I would rather save my money and do it right the first time. I am really dead set on this turbo thing though
Old 05-16-2005, 11:41 AM
ED9man
driver

I should've forked over another $200 for the Xsi. h:
What's different in it?
Old 05-16-2005, 11:56 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by StreetRacingCRX
But if I am going for a swap it will be a b18C I would rather save my money and do it right the first time. I am really dead set on this turbo thing though

You have no clue what you want.You change daily and on top of that to boot,put no real work into researching for yourself.You just go by what ppl say or think,do your own thing but reasearch first.First you wanna do FI,then it is a b series ,then mini me...WTF?? You wanna beat an STI and have more hp to the wheels and torque, go get a muscle car or Supra.UGH!
Old 05-16-2005, 02:41 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

I clearly stated I already bought the turbo, I want to get the best bang for my buck. I have done all the research on the trubo and some on the mini me swap. I just wanted peoples opinions on what they would do like do a mini me swap or turbo the car. I said it would be nice to beat a STI but it is not a high priority. All I care about is beating or keeping up with a WRX.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:31 AM
crxkid

Just my .02, but an STi isn't even designed to be a 1/4 mile or straight line car... doesn't matter if you can keep up/beat or follow an STi; because when you get close to it, it will just do a 90 mph 4 wheel drift and own you that way. Just build your car to, um I don't know... have fun... and let the WRX be on it's happy little way.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:36 AM
mistacee
Zc powered ED9

Originally Posted by crxkid
Just my .02, but an STi isn't even designed to be a 1/4 mile or straight line car... doesn't matter if you can keep up/beat or follow an STi; because when you get close to it, it will just do a 90 mph 4 wheel drift and own you that way. Just build your car to, um I don't know... have fun... and let the WRX be on it's happy little way.

:werd:

The ricer has lofty dreams of beating an Sti,now he says it is not a high priority,but wants to keep up with WRX's now?He better be prepared to spend some $$$ on a boosted SOHC D series motor.Seems like he is worried about what everyone else does or thinks and cannot think for himself.

Just do a mini me,cheaper ,less maintanance and more reliable.Not as much hp,obviously,but still fun to drive in a lightweight car as the Crx.
Hell,the Crx just picked up has a SOHC Zc in it,suits me just fine and is quick enough.You have to come to realize,there is ALWAYS gonna be someone faster than you!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:15 AM
Fire
wanna run

ok

You said this is your daily driver. The guys telling you, you can do it! Oh you can this and that a D-series!, OH yippeeeee. Forget that crap. CRAP. This is your daily banger, have fun with it but lower your standards. Youre wanting to have your cake and eat it too here. A d-series with the power you are talking, is in no way still a daily driver. You need to quit trying to get the jenny mcarthys and aim more towards the girls next door out there.

why call him names, comon hes just trying to get going and be cool, he is prolly really young and wanted the people here to like him alot. He stuck around. That counts. Lighten up on him a little mistacee, its all good man. We all had to learn at some point.
Old 05-17-2005, 02:17 PM
StreetRacingCRX
None

thx and I am 19, if you read my orignal statement I said WRX's I want to beat not a STI. I know D Series sucks, but I have built it and I do not want to let it go. I was just going to run 6 psi on it
Old 05-17-2005, 03:06 PM
ullerw
rexerk

yeah mistacee you should really lighten up, no one likes flaming any more than ricers, this is a forum and you should try and make this time enjoyable for the people using it, not try and discourage them