Notices

battery?

Old 12-27-2004, 05:33 AM
Lm546

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery?

i need to replace my battery, i will prob buy a optima for it but i ran across a HAWKER ODYSSEY PC680, the write up on it makes it sound pretty good only thing is theCCA and only 220 compared to the optima 500-550. I was wondering about the hawker battery, b/c i was thinking maybe later to relocate my battery and the hawker is small. i was just wondering does anybody have it or know anybody that has it, and how is it?
Old 12-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Tankard

I've got an Optima Yellow Top and it is awsome. I think i've had it for 3 or 4 years already. Only reason i got it is because of all the stereo stuff i've got. Also, i think the only reason it fits is because i have an aftermarket intake. I doubt it would fit with the stock intake. I have no idea about the other battery your talking about.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:44 AM
AppleSauseSi
Critical S.O.B.

the odyssey is a great battery, ive got one, relocated it and everything. theyre so small you can just drop it in that cargo box behind the seats. It took me about 1-2 hours to completely relocate the battery. they weigh 15lbs so thats 1/2 the stock battery weight, and less weight is less weight

oh, and be careful about leaving your lights on when the cars off... that thing dies completely after an hour or two. Ive killed it twice so far and it still works great, the car still starts great.
Old 12-27-2004, 10:47 AM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

I got a Yellowtop.
It never even thinks about frigin dyeing, so I got what I wanted it for.
Old 12-27-2004, 08:11 PM
Lm546

what yellow tops are you using? b/c the 51r i looked at is 2 inches taller than stock and my stock battery hold down wont fit it and i dont see any other places where a hold down can be attached. and on the hawker i wont be doing a battery relocation right now so i wanna know if it being so small and the way the top of the battery is, i know i will have to cut my battery tie down on the sides of the top to clear my battery cables but even if i cut it will it even work? i cant really tell by the pic
Old 12-28-2004, 03:24 PM
Tankard

Originally Posted by Lm546
what yellow tops are you using? b/c the 51r i looked at is 2 inches taller than stock and my stock battery hold down wont fit it and i dont see any other places where a hold down can be attached. and on the hawker i wont be doing a battery relocation right now so i wanna know if it being so small and the way the top of the battery is, i know i will have to cut my battery tie down on the sides of the top to clear my battery cables but even if i cut it will it even work? i cant really tell by the pic
Don't know. I'm not fixing to get up and go look. To lazy. But i will tell you if you really need to know, maybe tommorrow when i get up and out again. All i know is my stock battery brace holds it down and it's an Optima Yellow top. It's the same height as stock(i think), but wider. It barely squeezes between the a/c line and the aftermarket air filter.