Notices

MPFI problem (plz HELP)

Old 12-23-2004, 09:31 AM
L3V3L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MPFI problem (plz HELP)

Well on tuesday i did my mpfi swap to my d15b2. The car starts but im getting codes 10 and 14 and its idleing up and down from 750 to bout 1100 over and over. I have a hose located under the intake manifold in the center with no where to go and another hose port right below the throttle body. I was just wondering if anyone could post some pictures of the mpfi intake manifold in those areas of the intake manifold they would be greatly appreciated.

PS i need this car for school so i need to have it running properly so i someone could post up some pics or a diagram with hoses..... thanks alot
Old 12-23-2004, 10:20 AM
Jigga JJ

well code 10 is Your intake ait tmeperature,and vode 14 mean your electronic air control (EACV).make sure your sensors are connected back on if you have disconected them.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:39 AM
L3V3L

I looked into that and im have trouble figuring out what sensors go where, in were the tps goes thats a no brainer, but im not sure about the eacv, iat sensors. Also should i have any plugs left over? thanks for the reply
Old 12-23-2004, 11:04 AM
Jigga JJ

On the Dx there is a plug that has 1 Orange wire and 1 Black wire with a Yellow stripe, that plug is usually left for nothing. I think it is called a tandom valve.....it is only used on the Dx.(If i am not mistaken) Its somewhere around the middle of the firewall....so that plug doesnt go to anything..Your Eacv plug is usually has a green plug with 1 blue wire with a yellow strip and 1 black wire with a yellow stripe. Your intake air temp sensor has a white plug with 1 green wire with a white stripe and 1 red wire with a yellow strip.make sure you have them connected in the right spots. Your EACV on the si Intake is located on the backside, not far from the TPS sensor. And you Intake aire temp sensor is located on the right side of the intake manifold.Once you have pluged them in clear you ecu codes and see wut happens. You can clear them by removing the hazard fuse from the engine bay, or by removing the negative baterry cable. Remove for bout 15-20 seconds.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:17 PM
L3V3L

do you think having those sensors mixed up would cause a idleing problem?
Old 12-23-2004, 04:19 PM
Jigga JJ

possibly.jus try correcting the issue and seeing if you have them plugged into the right items..hey at least the codes u got were minor.......i did a Zc swap.and got a code 20....it wont go away..and the tps sensor is f ed.in order for me to have the rpm at a steady g note i have to flip the tps sensor on the manifold.then it throws a code......
Old 12-23-2004, 05:29 PM
L3V3L

yea thats true, im also glad the car runs after doing that lol. hopefully i have time tommrow to post pictures of the missing hoses and crap because i want to get this thing all finished up and running like new.