Notices

Ecu Codes!!!

Old 12-22-2004, 02:54 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecu Codes!!!

This for my need to know basis lol but anyways how do you know if your throwing codes and where to check the codes and also what codes are bad and what are good if any are good which I doubt it????

Sorry I know this is a serious NOOB question but it has been bugging me for a few hours now lol .....Even in my SLEEP
Old 12-22-2004, 03:35 AM
S2Kev

If the ecu is throwing a code, the check engine light will come on. Codes are all bad, no such thing as a good code. Checking for codes is different for every car.
Old 12-22-2004, 04:16 AM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

ahhh I see....So if I was to throw a code in my 91 Hatch DX then my check engine light would come on ........ ok then. I thought maybe people were ripping there carpets up to get to the ecu and see it say code 20 or 19 or something lol...Or they had there ecu exposed to see there codes.....lol...ok but thanks for the clarity on that
Old 12-22-2004, 07:58 AM
L3V3L

I also drive a 91 Civic DX and you will need to rip up the carpet in order to count codes on your ecu...just pull back the carpet on the passenger side (the area where they put their feet under the glove box) and you will se a metal plate with a little glass window on it...you will see a red flashing light and that is what you need to count in order to see what code it is...go to this site to see what the codes mean for your car...
http://www.fourthgenhatch.com/helms-ecucodes.html

hope this helps
Old 12-22-2004, 08:21 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

Damn it lol see now that is what I really did not want to do was to pull up my carpet but hey if I can see what codes I am throwing then I guess it works for me but I seriously doubt that I need to do that anytime soon since I am pretty sure there is not anything majorly wrong with my engine or car!!!