Notices

Help, Engine is going to blow up!

Old 11-23-2004, 05:33 PM
ajusaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help, Engine is going to blow up!

I replaced the gasket for oil pan and top part of the engine cover and the alternator since i had a mild leak and alt went bad. i put everything back and when i started the car my crx sounded liek motor was grinding. Any reasons why? It didn't have oil for a few days maybe a week but i did fill her up before cranking and I have no idea why this is happening
Old 11-24-2004, 10:26 AM
augy

Does it grind while idling in neuteral? Does the grinding get faster/higher pitched if you press the accelerator? Give us some more info.
Old 11-24-2004, 10:54 AM
ajusaf

Originally Posted by augy
Does it grind while idling in neuteral? Does the grinding get faster/higher pitched if you press the accelerator? Give us some more info.
well I haven't out it in neutral or anything yet b/c as soon as i started it itmade all that noise and i shut it off. I attempted 3 starts total and they all had that grinding noise. I'll go test it now on neutral and see but I had a problem prior to me doing all this with the car as far as it had high RPM excpet when on drive some said to adjust the cable. it would accelerate on its own on park and nuetral except on drive.