Notices

Exhaust questions

Old 11-22-2004, 02:26 PM
1990CivicSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust questions

Well, I successfully dumped some more money into my '90 hatch. (jdm b16 swap)
Now, I've moved on to "finishing" mode, and I'm looking for some suggestions on exhausts. I have a dc header (4-1) on it, and it sits too low for my liking so I'm probably gonna go with a 4-2-1, 2 piece.
Anyway, my cat is junk, and my stock pipe and muffler have to go. What would you suggest? I don't want some super loud crap like some of these goofballs around town, and I certainly don't want anything high-pitched. All I want is good flow, and a deep throat. NOT SUPER LOUD. I have a one year old who loves cruising with me, but I don't want her to have to wear earmuffs. That reminds me, does anyone know where I could get my hands on a baby racing seat.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:38 PM
oneslowrex

RS-R is damn nice and is pretty quiet too. My friend has one on his CRX and it's hardly noticable except at wot.

Or you could do like I did and have a exhaust shop custom bend and weld you up something. I've got the dc sports 4-2-1 and 2 inch cat back with a dynomax muffler. It looks almost stock and is only a bit quieter than my friends RS-R.
Old 11-22-2004, 05:20 PM
91_CiViC_RiDeR
Passing_U_N_A_CIVIC

ALot of mufflers have those silencers on them...alot of my friends have them and it seems to have pretty good airflow....not loud either but I am not sure what brand so I will have to get back to you on that one!!!!