Notices

throttle lag?

Old 11-01-2004, 12:28 PM
ED9man
driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default throttle lag?

What would be causing the car to loose power when going down the road at a constant speed with a constant throttle position. I'm cruising at like 2200 rpms in 5th and it just starts to loose power and run different. If I hold my foot at the same place it takes it like 10 second to go away then it will happena again like a minute later. The car still goes fine accelerating, it's just when cruising. I just replaced the MAP sensor so it's not that. It did this with the old motor too. The only piece retained is the charcaol canister/PCV assembly. Could that going bad be the problem? I'm pretty sure it's a vaccum issue. I'm pretty sure we hooked up the vaccum right. One odd thing was the lack of a line coming straight out of the back left of the intake manifold where the diagram out of a service manual for a CRX SiR showed there would be. Maybe it was different for one of the two years. Feel free to suggest lines misconnected and what they could be as an issue. The idle is a little odd to, it fluctuates a little bit. Whatever it is it isn't helping my gas mileage and it is kind of annoying. I just want the car to cruise the way it's supposed to. It's a first gen B16a in an '88 CRX Si if any of you know specifics about my application. This should just be a general troubleshooting thing though.
Old 11-01-2004, 03:07 PM
v8guy
Professor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like you are on the right track. Check for any vacuum leaks. Now the charcoal canister should have a purge valve hooked up to it, not direct vacuum. Also be sure you have the correct PCV valve for your application. The wrong valve can cause problems as well.