Notices

CRX with an Acura motor..

Old 09-20-2004, 06:33 PM
Pvt.Maggot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CRX with an Acura motor..

Hey, i'm new here..obviously..not a newbie to the car world..i'm more in the quad world and such..but i know my car shit too...but heres my question..i can get a crx..not sure on year..for 300 bucks..and an acura gsx motor i believe?..for 200..would this be a quick little car?..i'm not much for ricers..but i've always loved crx's...and would love to have one..but if i get one i want it to hold its own..i need to know all the info i can get on this motor swap..mods i'm going to need to make..igniton info..ect. will the motor bolt up to the crx tranny..any help would be great..thanks alot guys.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:56 PM
g2_teg_na
^ Visual Learner

uh oh...

i dont really know where to start...acura GSX....does not exist. maybe RSX. but the RSX motor isnt gonna get in your hands for that cheap. and it wont go into a CR-X, umm, easily. i dont even know how to help in this situation.
Old 09-20-2004, 06:58 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Ok... there's a lot of important info needed here.

First off, what year CRX, and where are you getting one that cheap?

Also, what year Integra engine, and where are you getting one that cheap?

Lastly, the Integra engine could come out of several different trim models, but GSX isn't one of them. It could be a GS/RS/LS, or it could be a GSR, but not a GSX.

Also keep in mind that for a swap you're going to need the engine, engine wire harness, ECU, tranny, and some axles to tie it all together, along with some other odds and ends.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:01 PM
scott21

If you've got the engine from a GS-R, then you'll also need the transmission (find a cable operated B-Series tranny for an easier install, plus they're cheaper) and ECU. Then you'll need a mount kit to bolt it up, a shift linkage and some axles (you can use the 90-93 Integra shafts, since they bolt right up). Should be pretty easy with the right parts and an experienced swap technician. Good luck!
Old 09-23-2004, 01:48 PM
BrianDB1
40 Below Summer's Child

Originally Posted by scott21
If you've got the engine from a GS-R, then you'll also need the transmission (find a cable operated B-Series tranny for an easier install, plus they're cheaper) and ECU. Then you'll need a mount kit to bolt it up, a shift linkage and some axles (you can use the 90-93 Integra shafts, since they bolt right up). Should be pretty easy with the right parts and an experienced swap technician. Good luck!
Unless its a CRX HF, then he has to change out the spindles

If the engine is from a 90-01 Integra RS/LS/GS it will drop in with minor modifications. Those being: swapping hubs for 88-91 Si or DX hubs, getting 90-93 Integra Axles, 90-93 Integra rear motor/trans mount (unless the new motor already has one), making a 6"x6" dent on the dirver side frame rail for alternator clearance, and buying mounts from either Hasport or Place Racing I recommend Hasport, and alos getting thier modified shift linkage as well. Alos to keep cost down search around for a 90-93 Integra transmission, becuase it's clutch is operated by a cable just like the CRX is.

If the enigne is from a GSR or Integra Type R, then a lot of mods including the ones above are required. Most dealing with wiring issues.

Good luck. Dont be afraid to PM me if you need to.

integra11to1 on AIM as well.
Old 09-29-2004, 11:24 AM
scott21

I heard Place Racing went out of business...is this true? Go with Hasport if money is no object, but I've seen the ENJO mounts install and they're just as good, for less money.